http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...-playing-time/

“I thought Kevin did a lot of good things,” McCarthy said on Monday. “I thought he did good in his matchup opportunities. He’s a young man that had some injury things that he fought through in training camp. He’s definitely earned the opportunity to potentially play more.”

King played 46 snaps in Atlanta after being on the field for just six in the season opener. He matched up against All-Pro receiver Julio Jones on a number of snaps and held his own, breaking up a pass intended for Jones in one-on-one coverage in the end zone and another on a short crossing route early in the third quarter.

King could get a heavy dose of Bengals’ Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green on Sunday at Lambeau Field.

McCarthy and defensive coordinator Dom Capers believe he’s ready for more snaps.

“He’s in a position where he’s done a number of good things with his opportunities, so if anything, he’s earned the right to potentially play more,” McCarthy said. “Smooth, confident athlete. He’s getting healthy. And he looks comfortable out there. So I like the progression Kevin is making.”