Thread: More Banjo: Week 2 @ Atlanta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    People can talk about the failures of the defense all they want. But when you're going up against the NFL's #1 offense, you need to score points. In the last 2 meetings, the Packers have scored a total of 7 points in the 1st half. I know they were limited in what they could do offensively tonight because of the injuries to Bulaga, Bakh and Jordy. My point is that if they're going to beat Atlanta, they're going to need the offense hitting on all cylinders. It can happen if they're healthy offensively. The defense gave up 27 points tonight. That's not great, but it's good enough to keep the team in the game if the offense is functioning properly.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    People can talk about the failures of the defense all they want. But when you're going up against the NFL's #1 offense, you need to score points. In the last 2 meetings, the Packers have scored a total of 7 points in the 1st half. I know they were limited in what they could do offensively tonight because of the injuries to Bulaga, Bakh and Jordy. My point is that if they're going to beat Atlanta, they're going to need the offense hitting on all cylinders. It can happen if they're healthy offensively. The defense gave up 27 points tonight. That's not great, but it's good enough to keep the team in the game if the offense is functioning properly.
    Did they hold Atl to 27 or did Atl let up on the gas in the second half?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Did they hold Atl to 27 or did Atl let up on the gas in the second half?
    Me thinks the latter...

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    This. Its incredibly frustrating to me that this offense will rank top 3 in output by the end of the year but at times will look like it did last night. Doing nothing on offense has a way of breaking the defense too. We got blown out and everybody is already hurt by week 3. Classic.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

And this is why I constantly harp on the ability to run the football. You have success running the ball early and everything changes. Rodgers faces more 2nd and 4, their D stays on the field and gets gassed, their O stays on the sidelines and can't get rhythm...you know, kinda like what happened to us.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.