My takeaways from the game:
1) Our secondary at this stage of the game is about as bad as it was last year. If the opposing QB has time in the pocket, we can't stay with quality receivers. This may improve as Kevin King improves and as Dom gets his personnel sorted out. Putting Randall on Jones is not the answer.

2) Our ability to pressure the QB is about the same as last year. Whether it's scheme or players, we just weren't able to get into Atlanta's backfield consistently enough. I watched the Denver/Cowgirls game earlier and the Packers D is not anywhere near Denver's. We need to get Daniels healthy, but even then I don't think we're where we should be.

3) We live and die with Arod. Yesterday we did both. His great plays were overshadowed by his bonehead ones. Take away his interception at the end of the first half and his backward pass pick six at the start of the second and we're still in the game. When Arod tries to do too much, he's not the Super Star QB we've become accustomed to.

4) The NFL is getting to be like the NBA. OPI, DPI and blocking-related penalties are all but arbitrarily called and, as a result, their impact on the game is way too significant. I form this opinion not only by watching our game, but on other Week 1 and 2 games I've watched. Maybe the answer to this is to give each team one or two replay reviews of calls that are not now reviewable.