Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 2 @ Atlanta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

More Banjo: Week 2 @ Atlanta

A war of attrition and abject failure (first half).

Reminds me of playoff game, but also Carolina game a couple of years ago when the Panthers D called off the dogs and almost allowed a comeback.

Packers lost Daniels (had a hip, now a quad), House, Cobb (shoulder), Nelson (hammy/quad?), Evans (groin - he returned)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Code:
    			GB	Atl
    First Downs		25	19	
    Passes for First	18	12	
    Rushes for First	4	7	
    Penalties for First	3	0	
    Third Down Efficiency	5-12	5-11	
    Fourth Down Efficiency	3-3	0-0	
    Total Yards		373	364	
    Total Plays		68	58	
    Avg Gain Per Play	5.5	6.3	
    Net Yards Rushing	59	141	
    Rushes			15	27	
    Yards Per Rush		3.9	5.2	

Net Yards Passing	314	223	
    Comp-Att		33-50	19-28	
    Yards Per Pass		5.9	7.2	
    Times Sacked		3	3	
    Yds Lost To Sacks	29	29	
    Interceptions Thrown	1	0	
    Punts			3	4	
    Punt Average		39.7	41.3	
    Penalties		10	6	
    Penalty Yards		70	34	
    Fumbles			1	0	
    Fumbles Lost		1	0	
    ToP			31:04	28:56
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brutal.
    C.H.U.D.

Rodgers got out alive. We live to fight another day.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

WAY too many big pays surrendered. They have no idea how to defend that offensive pass scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    WAY too many big pays surrendered. They have no idea how to defend that offensive pass scheme.
    Have somebody cut Julio Jones' hamstring. He'll quit the game.

Apparently, no one is covering the PC's on Twitter anymore. There is a periscope of the podium though. More recap will follow in AM.

Let's not blow this out of proportion. We ran into a very good team, at their home - their brand new home, playing inspired football, against the injury-riddled Packers - although I think that factor is partially overrated. We had a couple of critical bad calls that arguably turned the game around. And last but not least, we had a shitty (IMO) hyper-cautious game plan - programming Rodgers to do what so many in here whine for him to do, rush to get rid of the ball quick because of the new tackles - in reality, they weren't that much worse than the plow horses they replaced. Truth is, our O Line is always pretty crappy, and most of the time Rodgers can use his mobility to make plays. Tonight, McCarthy did not allow him to do that until we were so damn far behind that it didn't make much difference.

For anybody thinking the Falcons are some super team, head and shoulders better than the Packers, think last week when they damn near lost to the Bears.

We will undoubtedly meet this team again, hopefully in Green Bay in the playoffs, but even if it is their place again, the perfect shitstorm of tonight likely won't happen again.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    And last but not least, we had a shitty (IMO) hyper-cautious game plan - programming Rodgers to do what so many in here whine for him to do, rush to get rid of the ball quick because of the new tackles - in reality, they weren't that much worse than the plow horses they replaced.
    Sometimes I think you can't really be as stupid as I think you are, but then you totally redeem yourself.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Sometimes I think you can't really be as stupid as I think you are, but then you totally redeem yourself.
    Generally I'll reserve calling you a self-consumed IDIOT for FYI, but since you infected this area of the forum, I'll respond. You are seriously blind to the rottenness of our O Line? how QBs like Brady actually get time to set up and throw, which Aaron Rodgers virtually never does? how other teams have holes to run through, which the Packers virtually never do?

It's a testament to Aaron Rodgers that the Packers are as great as they are with as awful an O Line as they have.

Generally I'll reserve calling you a self-consumed IDIOT for FYI, but since you infected this area of the forum, I'll respond. You are seriously blind to the rottenness of our O Line? how QBs like Brady actually get time to set up and throw, which Aaron Rodgers virtually never does? how other teams have holes to run through, which the Packers virtually never do?

It's a testament to Aaron Rodgers that the Packers are as great as they are with as awful an O Line as they have.
    If the success of the O-line is completely due to Rodgers, then why weren't they as successful yesterday, and in 2015 at AZ with Bac out, or any other time they have multiple O-line injuries? See how your stupid moronic theory collapses on itself?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If the success of the O-line is completely due to Rodgers, then why weren't they as successful yesterday, and in 2015 at AZ with Bac out, or any other time they have multiple O-line injuries? See how your stupid moronic theory collapses on itself?
    Who said anything about "success of the O-line"? I said the team has been successful - to a great extent anyway. The O Line has never provided adequate pass protection and has almost never opened decent holes for the running game. We pass successfully because Rodgers is so damn good, both throwing accurately and with his mobility to get away from the rush. The only time we can run the ball at all is when there is deception - draw, misdirection, etc. Line up and run right at 'em, and it just doesn't work.

As for theory as you call it hahahahaha, overrated "stars" like Sitton and Lang leave and flounder elsewhere, while mediocre replacements come in and it's all about the same. We beat Seattle with scrubs at tackle, and if necessary, we'll beat Cincinnati and whoever else down the line that way.

As I said, the Atlanta game was a perfect shitstorm in a lot of ways.

Let's not blow this out of proportion. We ran into a very good team, at their home - their brand new home, playing inspired football, against the injury-riddled Packers - although I think that factor is partially overrated. We had a couple of critical bad calls that arguably turned the game around. And last but not least, we had a shitty (IMO) hyper-cautious game plan - programming Rodgers to do what so many in here whine for him to do, rush to get rid of the ball quick because of the new tackles - in reality, they weren't that much worse than the plow horses they replaced. Truth is, our O Line is always pretty crappy, and most of the time Rodgers can use his mobility to make plays. Tonight, McCarthy did not allow him to do that until we were so damn far behind that it didn't make much difference.

For anybody thinking the Falcons are some super team, head and shoulders better than the Packers, think last week when they damn near lost to the Bears.

We will undoubtedly meet this team again, hopefully in Green Bay in the playoffs, but even if it is their place again, the perfect shitstorm of tonight likely won't happen again.
    An encouraging Post when it far too early in our Season 'FOR ANY PANIC' !

Repped.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The Green Bay Packers boarding the Jet to depart Atlanta, Georgia for Wisconsin Week 2 of the 2017-18 NFL Season.

Skip Ballard‏ @skipperball Sep 14 ....Replying to @RobDemovsky
    Seriously, WHY and HOW does the #packers trainers keep their jobs, i mean I know it's a physical sport, but this is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-18-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

^^^^Yeah but the shitstorm happened in the NFC championship game and the second half of the regular season game last year too. So I don't think of us as a terrible team after tonight, but I definitely don't have faith we can come to Atlanta and win as currently constructed. We really got manhandled in almost every individual match up, ncluding starters on starters. We are way less explosive on both sides of the ball. And when the n squad comes in it gets even worse. Pretty rough night.

Well, I was definitely wrong. Atlanta still has speed in spades. Holy schnikes are they ever in a different class than the Packers speed and route running wise.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Well, I was definitely wrong. Atlanta still has speed in spades. Holy schnikes are they ever in a different class than the Packers speed and route running wise.
    Not really. They have Julio Jones and we don't have an answer for him. Other than that they are not as superior as they looked. This is week 2 against the best team in football (imo). We aren't as good as they are, but by week 19 you never know.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    They have Julio Jones and we don't have an answer for him. Other than that they are not as superior as they looked.
    Who am gonna believe, you or my own lying eyes?

I'm not familiar with their receivers, but looks like Jordy would be a #3 on that team. Their wideouts are way quicker than our DBs. It's true that a lot can change in three months with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Who am gonna believe, you or my own lying eyes?

I'm not familiar with their receivers, but looks like Jordy would be a #3 on that team. Their wideouts are way quicker than our DBs. It's true that a lot can change in three months with injuries.
    I'd love to see our WRs match up against Rollins, Randall and House.

People can talk about the failures of the defense all they want. But when you're going up against the NFL's #1 offense, you need to score points. In the last 2 meetings, the Packers have scored a total of 7 points in the 1st half. I know they were limited in what they could do offensively tonight because of the injuries to Bulaga, Bakh and Jordy. My point is that if they're going to beat Atlanta, they're going to need the offense hitting on all cylinders. It can happen if they're healthy offensively. The defense gave up 27 points tonight. That's not great, but it's good enough to keep the team in the game if the offense is functioning properly.