Thread: More Banjo: Week 2 @ Atlanta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maybe somebody more expert than me can do this. If you combined Green Bay and Atlanta's WRs, what would be pecking order for top five?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Maybe somebody more expert than me can do this. If you combined Green Bay and Atlanta's WRs, what would be pecking order for top five?
    1. Jones
    2. Nelson (healthy version)
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    1. Jones
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    I think Sanu and Adams are pretty close, but I'd give the nod to Adams. Cobb can't get open on his own, except for maybe a quick hitch.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think Sanu and Adams are pretty close, but I'd give the nod to Adams. Cobb can't get open on his own, except for maybe a quick hitch.
    Cobb can't bring his arm across the midline right now. Put him down below Atlanta's blocking TE.

1. Jones
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    That's about right...some may flip Cobb and Sanu.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

1. Jones
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    The problem is the gap between Julio and Jordy is massive, whereas the gap between Jordy and and Sanu is relatively negligible. Nobody is scheming or game planning much for our skill position players. Which I think has proven to be an issue for years now.

1. Jones
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ons/678417001/
    But the greater advantage is at the skill positions on offense. In Julio Jones, the Falcons have the best receiver in the game. Their No. 2, Mohamed Sanu, might be as good as any of the Packers’ receivers.
    Eric Baranczyk saw it like me. I don't study the NFL, but my eyeballs yesterday said the Atlanta receivers are quick, good route runners.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ons/678417001/

Eric Baranczyk saw it like me. I don't study the NFL, but my eyeballs yesterday said the Atlanta receivers are quick, good route runners.
    He's big and he is a good route runner with decent hands.

His average value for 6 years in the League is 26. Cobb had 38 in four years and stands at 52 for six. Davante Adams is 19 after 3.

As red would say, the Packers are allergic to covering inside routes unless its Burnett or Hyde.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

His average value for 6 years in the League is 26.
    Please don't tell me this "average value" is some fantasy football thing. Say it ain't so.

I find opinions of what is seen on the field more interesting. Not that all opinions are equally well based. Things change year-to-year, and an observer can account for whether a player's productivity is due to his individual skill or team factors.

Please don't tell me this "average value" is some fantasy football thing. Say it ain't so.

I find opinions of what is seen on the field more interesting. Not that all opinions are equally well based. Things change year-to-year, and an observer can account for whether a player's productivity is due to his individual skill or team factors.
    Come on you sleepy mutt, time to emerge from your kennel and enter into the 21st century. Value is DVOA, a football outsiders advanced stat (Defense-adjusted Value over average?), the football equivalent of baseball's WAR.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Come on you sleepy mutt, time to emerge from your kennel and enter into the 21st century. Value is DVOA, a football outsiders advanced stat (Defense-adjusted Value over average?), the football equivalent of baseball's WAR.
    WAR, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I could look those up too, but average value here is from Pro-Football-Reference.

Ah, when an entertainment comes down to stats and computer models, it alienates more people than it attracts. It becomes information gathering.

I tried a fantasy league with a sport I follow closely (college wrestling.) I like to win. It distracts from appreciation of the sport, you worry too much about your allegiance to your fantasy team.

I agree Baranczyk makes it a point worth debating. Sanu had a good game. But in part that is by design as the Packers would rather Sanu catch all the balls rather than Jones.

Average value is a very rough measure of player success. Its partially dependent on stats specific to a position, but also takes into account things like postseason recognition. Its not the end all of the argument. But Sanu has been underused compared to the other two. If he is a talent on par with them, his teams haven't figured it out yet.

Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson....everyone else. But Julio is near god like....and he is playing against our cbs
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.