Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 2 @ Atlanta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice breakdown of what should have happened on the Cobb/Bennett pick play.

http://scout.com/nfl/packers/Article...cons-107606935
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Nice breakdown of what should have happened on the Cobb/Bennett pick play.

http://scout.com/nfl/packers/Article...cons-107606935
    Yep....watching that was pretty frustrating.
    C.H.U.D.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...st-vs-falcons/

Hard to argue with any of this:

According to initial numbers tallied by Pro Football Focus, the Falcons completed 10 passes on 11 targets for 148 yards against the coverage of Randall and Rollins on Sunday night.

The excuses are running out for a pair of third-year players who were drafted to be the backbone of Green Bay’s cornerback group. No longer are injuries a valid explanation for getting beat, often so effortlessly.

Randall has the athleticism and quick-twitch movements to be an effective coverage corner, but he’s frequently lazy in his footwork and inconsistent with his jams at the line of scrimmage. That combination leads to a lot of trailing coverage after getting smoked off the line of scrimmage.

Rollins just isn’t athletic enough to handle perimeter coverage on a consistent basis, especially on a fast track like Atlanta’s or against the speed the Falcons possess at receiver.

More importantly, they both seem to lack a threshold level of situational awareness.

Rookie Kevin King wasn’t perfect on Sunday night, but at least he battled. The Packers’ top pick passed his trial by fire. He even won a few one-on-one battles against Jones.

It’s clear who the future of the position is in Green Bay. No longer does that title belong to Randall or Rollins. If the Packers are to ever match what the Falcons are capable of in the passing game, it’ll come from King and his progression over the next four months. The futures of Randall and Rollins look considerably dimmer after a healthy disaster on Sunday night in Atlanta.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I don't know why Randall's technique is so awful and I don't know why anyone ever thought Rollins was suited to play outside.

Let King play. Maybe by the end of the season he'll get close to being a lockdown corner. They have to have one so the safeties can help on the other side. House is no answer; he's running in quicksand.

I have no idea why they do about the slot. Maybe make a trade?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Maybe somebody more expert than me can do this. If you combined Green Bay and Atlanta's WRs, what would be pecking order for top five?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Maybe somebody more expert than me can do this. If you combined Green Bay and Atlanta's WRs, what would be pecking order for top five?
    1. Jones
    2. Nelson (healthy version)
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

1. Jones
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    I think Sanu and Adams are pretty close, but I'd give the nod to Adams. Cobb can't get open on his own, except for maybe a quick hitch.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think Sanu and Adams are pretty close, but I'd give the nod to Adams. Cobb can't get open on his own, except for maybe a quick hitch.
    Cobb can't bring his arm across the midline right now. Put him down below Atlanta's blocking TE.

1. Jones
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    That's about right...some may flip Cobb and Sanu.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

1. Jones
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    The problem is the gap between Julio and Jordy is massive, whereas the gap between Jordy and and Sanu is relatively negligible. Nobody is scheming or game planning much for our skill position players. Which I think has proven to be an issue for years now.

1. Jones
    3. Adams
    4. Cobb
    5. Sanu
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ons/678417001/
    But the greater advantage is at the skill positions on offense. In Julio Jones, the Falcons have the best receiver in the game. Their No. 2, Mohamed Sanu, might be as good as any of the Packers’ receivers.
    Eric Baranczyk saw it like me. I don't study the NFL, but my eyeballs yesterday said the Atlanta receivers are quick, good route runners.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ons/678417001/

Eric Baranczyk saw it like me. I don't study the NFL, but my eyeballs yesterday said the Atlanta receivers are quick, good route runners.
    He's big and he is a good route runner with decent hands.

His average value for 6 years in the League is 26. Cobb had 38 in four years and stands at 52 for six. Davante Adams is 19 after 3.

As red would say, the Packers are allergic to covering inside routes unless its Burnett or Hyde.

Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson....everyone else. But Julio is near god like....and he is playing against our cbs
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I have no idea why they do about the slot. Maybe make a trade?
    Work Jones in there as soon as possible. Maybe even give a few snaps to Evans.

Randall and House can battle it out for other edge corner.

There's time to do this. Packers won't face a road game with the combination of O-line, QB, running game, and stable of WRs that ATL has until maybe Pittsburgh. (Cowpokes may or may not have Elliot, and their receivers are not as good).

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
    #Packers WR Randall Cobb, who left yesterday’s game with a shoulder injury, will have an MRI today to determine the severity, source said.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
    #Packers WR Randall Cobb, who left yesterday’s game with a shoulder injury, will have an MRI today to determine the severity, source said.
    Oh goody, another shoulder separation. Sounds like out for 4-6 weeks followed by substandard production for the rest of the year. The Packers, being the Packers, will know what to expect.

We need a thread on Packer injuries. Not injured Packers but types or kinds of injury that seem to accumulate more than one would expect in Green Bay. A modern day parallel to Aristotle's Metaphysics.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Oh goody, another shoulder separation. Sounds like out for 4-6 weeks followed by substandard production for the rest of the year. The Packers, being the Packers, will know what to expect.

We need a thread on Packer injuries. Not injured Packers but types or kinds of injury that seem to accumulate more than one would expect in Green Bay. A modern day parallel to Aristotle's Metaphysics.
    This is good material. If you could identify the efficient cause of Packer injuries, I'm sure Stubby would set up a formal meeting to hear your final thoughts.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Did anybody else notice that our tackling in general was pretty weak?

It seemed to me there was a lot of tackling-by-means-of-a-rolling-block going on. Our guys were slamming into people, hitting them high, bouncing off, not wrapping up. I'd love to know how many yards the Atlanta RB's and receivers made after contact. Stubby/Dom need to work on some fundamentals of tackling.

Maybe it's just a shortened training camp with less contact that is the cause and things will get better after a few games. But Atlanta seemed to tackle better than we did.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Did anybody else notice that our tackling in general was pretty weak?

It seemed to me there was a lot of tackling-by-means-of-a-rolling-block going on. Our guys were slamming into people, hitting them high, bouncing off, not wrapping up. I'd love to know how many yards the Atlanta RB's and receivers made after contact. Stubby/Dom need to work on some fundamentals of tackling.

Maybe it's just a shortened training camp with less contact that is the cause and things will get better after a few games. But Atlanta seemed to tackle better than we did.

It's been just like that it seems to me (and generally) since way back in the early 2000's.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

nm
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen