Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 2 @ Atlanta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good news for Cobb. Nothing major. He's day to day.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Good news for Cobb. Nothing major. He's day to day.
    uh oh. sounds bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    uh oh. sounds bad.
    Its the day to day stuff that always gets me.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Demovsky

The Packers don't believe Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb or Mike Daniels have long-term injuries, but there are still awaiting all the test results. Mike McCarthy may have an update this evening when he holds his day-after-game press conference at 7 p.m. CT but they are likely to be considered day to day, week to week injuries like most soft tissue problems are.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Top draft pick Kevin King was one of the few bright spots on defense. He had three tackles and a pass breakup in 46 snaps – 40 more than he played in the opener – as Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins got pulled at different points in Sunday's loss to the Falcons.
    Long Live The King!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Demovsky

The Packers don't believe Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb or Mike Daniels have long-term injuries, but there are still awaiting all the test results. Mike McCarthy may have an update this evening when he holds his day-after-game press conference at 7 p.m. CT but they are likely to be considered day to day, week to week injuries like most soft tissue problems are.
    I hope this is not a Jimmy Nelson prognosis....

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 3h3 hours ago
    Rewatching #Packers-#Falcons, looks like Nelson bangs knees with Alford running a route. Will hopefully get update from McCarthy at 7 p.m.

Defensive snap counts:

Offensive snap counts:

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/green...cons?ls=pftvod

PROFOOTBALLTALK ... Packers' early-season struggles continue in 2017

The Green Bay Packers got a reality check against the Atlanta Falcons, showing the team isn't over its early-season struggles that have haunted them over the past few years.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9...tlanta-falcons

It Isn’t Time for the Packers to Hit the Panic Button … Yet
    Despite the lopsided result, Green Bay showed progress in key areas of concern

BY: DANNY KELLY SEP 18, 2017, 9:33AM EDT

" Perceptions can change an awful lot in a week.

After watching the Packers dispatch the Seahawks last Sunday, Green Bay looked ready to take up the mantle as the class of the conference. ...."

" Flash forward a week, and as the fourth quarter kicked off in the Packers’ matchup with the Falcons on Sunday Night Football, Green Bay looked lost. They were trailing 34-10. Injuries had piled up. Rodgers had turned the ball over twice under the weight of the Falcons’ tireless pass rush, and the defense had found no answer for Atlanta’s target-rich and talented offense. In short, Atlanta had dominated in every way.

And sure, Rodgers engineered a pair of touchdown drives in the final frame to make the final score—34-23—somewhat respectable ....."

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.

Comment woodbuck27:

There was simply over the top too much placed on Aaron Rodgers broad shoulders. Why is it that the thing that is perfectly obvious gets 'just left' as it is in Green Bay? I still see a real concern and the Packers weakness at the Running Back Position. Can Ted Thompson get that fixed this season or do we have to wait 1...2...3 years? Get a real RB Ted !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Next Week and the Cincinnati Bengals:

Intriguing; bring on 'the ugly'.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...-playing-time/

“I thought Kevin did a lot of good things,” McCarthy said on Monday. “I thought he did good in his matchup opportunities. He’s a young man that had some injury things that he fought through in training camp. He’s definitely earned the opportunity to potentially play more.”

King played 46 snaps in Atlanta after being on the field for just six in the season opener. He matched up against All-Pro receiver Julio Jones on a number of snaps and held his own, breaking up a pass intended for Jones in one-on-one coverage in the end zone and another on a short crossing route early in the third quarter.

King could get a heavy dose of Bengals’ Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green on Sunday at Lambeau Field.

McCarthy and defensive coordinator Dom Capers believe he’s ready for more snaps.

“He’s in a position where he’s done a number of good things with his opportunities, so if anything, he’s earned the right to potentially play more,” McCarthy said. “Smooth, confident athlete. He’s getting healthy. And he looks comfortable out there. So I like the progression Kevin is making.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...-playing-time/
    “I thought Kevin did a lot of good things,” McCarthy said on Monday. “I thought he did good in his matchup opportunities. He’s a young man that had some injury things that he fought through in training camp. He’s definitely earned the opportunity to potentially play more.”

King played 46 snaps in Atlanta after being on the field for just six in the season opener. He matched up against All-Pro receiver Julio Jones on a number of snaps and held his own, breaking up a pass intended for Jones in one-on-one coverage in the end zone and another on a short crossing route early in the third quarter.

King could get a heavy dose of Bengals’ Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green on Sunday at Lambeau Field.

McCarthy and defensive coordinator Dom Capers believe he’s ready for more snaps.

“He’s in a position where he’s done a number of good things with his opportunities, so if anything, he’s earned the right to potentially play more,” McCarthy said. “Smooth, confident athlete. He’s getting healthy. And he looks comfortable out there. So I like the progression Kevin is making.”
    It's early, but I like the potential returns on King. It's hard to get difference makers picking at the end of the round. Think about all the Top 10 picks Atlanta is using to become the best offense in the NFL.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Please don't tell me this "average value" is some fantasy football thing. Say it ain't so.

I find opinions of what is seen on the field more interesting. Not that all opinions are equally well based. Things change year-to-year, and an observer can account for whether a player's productivity is due to his individual skill or team factors.
    I think most people saw what Packer coaches saw: that their starting dbs were not up to the task. That's why they pulled Rollins and Randall for King. Given the fact that R&R were so bad they had to be pulled, and House was slow, it seems fruitless to make WR comparisons based on this game alone.

You don't need fantasy scores to know that R&R have been questionable going back. Last year they had injuries as excuse, this year....?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think most people saw what Packer coaches saw: that their starting dbs were not up to the task. That's why they pulled Rollins and Randall for King. Given the fact that R&R were so bad they had to be pulled, and House was slow, it seems fruitless to make WR comparisons based on this game alone.

You don't need fantasy scores to know that R&R have been questionable going back. Last year they had injuries as excuse, this year....?
    This year mental errors and technique issues. Totally things R&R should have down by now.

But I'm not going to run them off yet. Neither is Grabby McSmurf bad, so give them another year of development (safety to corner and basketball to football).
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I need to find a new football guru. I will follow Woody for a while, see how that goes.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I need to find a new football guru. I will follow Woody for a while, see how that goes.
    It's like you're tempting me to take a shot at him. Or you. Or both.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Can I suggest Rutnstrut instead? His posting volume is smaller and will leave you more time to ruminate.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Can I suggest Rutnstrut instead? His posting volume is smaller and will leave you more time to ruminate.
    He's to the point, alright. But kinda strikes me as rough trade.