Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: More Banjo: Week 2 @ Atlanta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I dunno. Randall looked pretty good his first year. Then he got hurt and hasn't been the same since. Maybe he has an egg shell for an ego. Or maybe Whitt's powers of motivation are in decline.
    They both flashed pretty well their rookie year. Enough the Packers (and everyone else) let Hayward go. With Shields, Randall, and Rollins, the CBs looked set for another five years. Then concussion and injury/regression.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    They both flashed pretty well their rookie year. Enough the Packers (and everyone else) let Hayward go. With Shields, Randall, and Rollins, the CBs looked set for another five years. Then concussion and injury/regression.
    It really is a bit confusing. Randall, at least, looked like he was going to be a real player. Now he's a dollar short and a day late.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

^ Nice trash TV reference.

I think its mostly technique and goes mainly to the lack of familiarity of the DBs with zone coverage techniques.

The most baffling coverage of all is the trailing by too far coverage on a crossing route (this is man to man) and the failure to have anyone on the other side of the field to clock the crossing route. This might be skill of receiver avoid the other defenders, but I also think its the effect of threatening to send six pass rushers most downs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So...(cue Bretsky)...if the Packers had drafted TJ Watt the pass coverage would be better?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So...(cue Bretsky)...if the Packers had drafted TJ Watt the pass coverage would be better?
    It might, but he has to be healthy for that to work.

He looks legit and pass rush always helps, but I am still kinda stunned how Fackrell looks in games versus the preseason. I think he might figure it out. Its weird to see a two gapping OLB on a pass rush.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its weird to see a two gapping OLB on a pass rush.
    did you mean to be funny, because I LOLed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    did you mean to be funny, because I LOLed.
    I find his approach funny, but the rest was coincidence.