Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Bengals Week Thread.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Lehrer View Post
    Obligatory reminder that the Bengals are the only team Aaron Rodgers hasn't beaten (other than the Packers, of course). I think we take care of that this week.
    Leave it to some asshole with 5 posts to make me long for Tex's eternal foolish optimism.

Just kidding Der, welcome aboard.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    This weak's opponent is no weeker or meeker than next's. You know what they say: On any given weak....
    Did you intentionally mix up your "week and weak" just to aggravate Tex? If so, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Go 10-6 Pack!!!! All we can hope for is a real team to knock out the Falcons in the playoffs because this shit box has no chance to beat them.
    We had an injury plagued season where we finished 10-6 as a wildcard team once recently, didn't we?

Fitting that in week 3 the Packers would already have 13 players on the injury list, more that 50% greater than Cincinnati's.

Yup, Bobble, that was the idea.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    We had an injury plagued season where we finished 10-6 as a wildcard team once recently, didn't we?
    True, sun shines on a dogs ass ever once in a while.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm waiting for KY to weigh in. He's usually got some good local dope on the Bungles.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Here is my gripe for the week.

Why are we playing the late game slot? This should definitely be a noon game not a 3pm. The Packers have a game Thursday night against the Bears.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jordy Nelson and a Quad injury isn't good news.

I hope this game is on my TV schedule 4:25 EST (3:25 Local Time)

It will be a good one to see, record and analyze.

Somehow we need to see a 'W' go up at it's conclusion. The Packers are heavily favoured as 9 Point favourites and at this time about 60% of those, 'in the know', are picking Green Bay to cover.

Next up 'and on a short week' TNF, Da Bears @ Lambeau Field.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-22-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Its the CBS National late game. Nantz and Romo, in red. Sorry, no listing for Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Here is my gripe for the week.

Why are we playing the late game slot? This should definitely be a noon game not a 3pm. The Packers have a game Thursday night against the Bears.
    Please (and seriously ); explain to me how about 3.5 Hours difference in game scheduled time this Sunday will make any significant difference?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its the CBS National late game. Nantz and Romo, in red. Sorry, no listing for Canada.

Thanks pbmax. That appears to be good news.

We don't see which games are going on our schedules (it seems to me) until Saturday and Sunday Games. Then depended on the locality, that might suddenly change.

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr 18m18 minutes ago
    No John Ross or Tyler Eifert at practice again today for #Bengals. Safe to assume we won’t see them playing Sunday.

McCarthy PC

Silverstein
    McCarthy on Daniels: Put Mike in the same category as Randall. See what the next two days are.

GBPackers
    McCarthy: Randall Cobb is getting better. Going to give all injured players the week to get ready. Mike Daniels in same category #CINvsGB

Silverstein
    McCarthy on Perry: Had surgery . Haven't been given a timeline yet.

GBPackers
    McCarthy: Jordy (Nelson) is progressing. He's definitely moving the way we hoped. Anticipate him practicing Saturday. #CINvsGB

Silverstein:
    McCarthy on Montravious Adams: Practiced on full. Hopefully have a good next two days and contributed some.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy on Josh Jones; He's a young player that needs more opportunities. He's played well on special teams.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Please (and seriously ); explain to me how about 3.5 Hours difference in game scheduled time this Sunday will make any significant difference?
    Really??? The Packers will have 97 hours between games. You don't think 3 1/2 hours will allow for more treatment time for the players, more time for the coached to evaluate the film and grade the players performance, and lastly more time to determine the best game plan for the game?

Maybe you don't. I personally think it is a nice courtesy to give teams that have to play on Thursday night any extra time they can.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Katherine Terrell‏Verified account
    @Kat_Terrell

John Ross and Trey Hopkins have been officially ruled out for Sunday in addition to Tyler Eifert

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    David Carr (NFL Network):
    Andy Dalton gets going and leads Cincinnati to first win of season
    The Bengals, with Bill Lazor calling the offensive plays, beat the Packers at Lambeau Field. A new offensive coordinator has the advantage of surprise in every first game I've ever played in or witnessed. Does it get bolder than that?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

McCarthy PC

Silverstein
    McCarthy on Daniels: Put Mike in the same category as Randall. See what the next two days are.

GBPackers
    McCarthy: Randall Cobb is getting better. Going to give all injured players the week to get ready. Mike Daniels in same category #CINvsGB

Silverstein
    McCarthy on Perry: Had surgery . Haven't been given a timeline yet.

GBPackers
    McCarthy: Jordy (Nelson) is progressing. He's definitely moving the way we hoped. Anticipate him practicing Saturday. #CINvsGB

Silverstein:
    McCarthy on Montravious Adams: Practiced on full. Hopefully have a good next two days and contributed some.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy on Josh Jones; He's a young player that needs more opportunities. He's played well on special teams.
    MM also said that Cobb has "a little hip in his step" and then compared him to Daniels, who (coincidentally?) was listed on the injury report last week with a hip. What is a hip in the step? Pittsburghese?

A lot of great things about living here. Non-coverage of Packers games is not one of them.

But I don't watch them until my kid goes to bed anyway. Thank goodness for GamePass.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.