Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Bengals Week Thread.

Official Bengals Week Thread.

Packers favored by 9.

Bengals lead all-time series 7-5. Bengals won last meeting 34-30 on September 22, 2013.

Bengals (0-2) are a mess offensively, having scored just 9 points and having a total of 516 yards of offense. Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green has caught 10 passes for 141 yards. He was leading the NFL in receiving last year before a hamstring tear ended his season. Andy Dalton has been terrible with 394 yards passing with 0 TD's and 4 INT's.

Teams are running the ball much more than passing it against the Bengals. Opponents have completed 24-41 for 209 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. They have rushed the ball 77 times for 325 yards and 2 TD's.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Bengals right the ship against the Pack we are 1-2 after this.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Julio Jones is the second best receiver in the league. AJ Green is the best.

The good news is the WR talent drops off precipitously after Green.

Geno Atkins is a beast.

There's no good news here, given the Packers' beat up OL.

Bengals running backs are among the best we'll see all year.

Not much good news here either, unless Daniels heals and the Packers' tackling improves.

The really good news is Andy Dalton is no Matt Ryan.

Still, the game Sunday is not a slam dunk.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Packers WR Jordy Nelson's quad strain is not considered serious but he is "50-50" for Sunday vs. Bengals, per source.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Julio Jones is the second best receiver in the league. AJ Green is the best.

The good news is the WR talent drops off precipitously after Green.

Geno Atkins is a beast.

There's no good news here, given the Packers' beat up OL.

Bengals running backs are among the best we'll see all year.

Not much good news here either, unless Daniels heals and the Packers' tackling improves.

The really good news is Andy Dalton is no Matt Ryan.

Still, the game Sunday is not a slam dunk.
    This game and any prediction falls under the category 'UGLY'.

Can the Green Bay Packers pull it all together against a desperate team (the Cincinnati 'small growl' Bengals)?

My guts say go with the Team with the best player when that player is a QB:

The Green Bay PACKERS will win.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 09-19-2017 at 08:46 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Packers WR Jordy Nelson's quad strain is not considered serious but he is "50-50" for Sunday vs. Bengals, per source.
    This news falls under the category and Green Bay Packers: Ohh Ohh !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I'd say it is a slam dunk. Jordy probably sits out or plays just a little because he isn't needed against a week opponent.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Obligatory reminder that the Bengals are the only team Aaron Rodgers hasn't beaten (other than the Packers, of course). I think we take care of that this week.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'd say it is a slam dunk. Jordy probably sits out or plays just a little because he isn't needed against a week opponent.
    This weak's opponent is no weeker or meeker than next's. You know what they say: On any given weak....

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    This weak's opponent is no weeker or meeker than next's. You know what they say: On any given weak....
    Take off, Hosier!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'll be very interested who gets the start in the slot next week assuming King gets the starting nod outside.

I once predicted we'd get a shutdown corner out of Gunter/Rollins/Randall and I am running out of chances.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I'll be very interested who gets the start in the slot next week assuming King gets the starting nod outside.

I once predicted we'd get a shutdown corner out of Gunter/Rollins/Randall and I am running out of chances.
    You may be right. The Packers coaching staff might shut them all down.

daniels and nelson should be kept out of the game. give them a chance to really heal up.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...ay-vs-bengals/

Packers coach Mike McCarthy did not have an update on any of his injured players on Monday night.

“This has been a big day for the training room, just trying to get our hands around exactly where we are (injury wise), which right now we don’t have all the information and we probably won’t until Wednesday,” McCarthy said.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Monday that both Cobb (shoulder) and Daniels (hamstring) avoided major injury. Both received good news from scans on their injuries.

Nelson, Cobb and Daniels could all be game-time decisions on Sunday against the Bengals.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see all three on the pine through the Bears game, plus the three more who will get hurt against the Bengals. Stubby probably wants to field at least half the team for the Cowboys game.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

If Jordy and Cobb get the green light from the doctors, I think at least 1 will play. It would be a pretty thin WR group without both of them.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Go 10-6 Pack!!!! All we can hope for is a real team to knock out the Falcons in the playoffs because this shit box has no chance to beat them.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    daniels and nelson should be kept out of the game. give them a chance to really heal up.
    turns out cobb has a chest injury...not a shoulder. he's in a lot of pain. guess he shouldn't play at all either. ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    turns out cobb has a chest injury...not a shoulder. he's in a lot of pain. guess he shouldn't play at all either. ugh!
    Mic drop?

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
    On offense Randall Cobb (shoulder), Jason Spriggs (hamstring) and David Bakhtiari (hamstring) did not practice for the #Packers.

Jordy Nelson (quad) and Bryan Bulaga (ankle) were on the field, though, which is a good sign. A bit unexpected as well. #Packers

OTHER GOOD NEWS WOULD SEEM TO BE BROOKS BACK AT PRACTICE

On defense Kentrell Brice (groin), Davon House (quad), Jake Ryan (unknown), Nick Perry (unknown), Mike Daniels (hamstring) didn't practice.

YEP

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
    Nelson, Bulaga and Brooks practicing. Cobb, Brice, house, Ryan, Perry, Bakhtiari, Daniels, Spriggs are not. #Packers