Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Week Three Other Games Thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Week Three Other Games Thread

It's an exciting game to start off Week three tonight with the Rams visiting the 49ers. Tickets are selling for the astronomical price of $14 - apparently that's less than the price of two pretzels!
    http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article...y-12215863.php
    There will be a lot of fans disguised as empty seats to be sure, even though hosting a Thursday night game is the surest generic bet for a win (against the spread!) there can be in the NFL! At least Vegas still cares who wins.

Enjoy!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It's an exciting game to start off Week three tonight with the Rams visiting the 49ers. Tickets are selling for the astronomical price of $14 - apparently that's less than the price of two pretzels!
    There will be a lot of fans disguised as empty seats to be sure, even though hosting a Thursday night game is the surest generic bet for a win (against the spread!) there can be in the NFL! At least Vegas still cares who wins.

Enjoy!
    For who? The favorite or the dog? The home team?

Whoops. Yeah the home team has quite an historical advantage (against the spread) although I guess it's gotten a little better recently. At one point is was as unlikely for a road team to (cover) on Thursday as it was for any team to (cover) at Seattle's new stadium. (I think that's right; I'm going off memory).

Point spreads are for entertainment purposes and gentlemen's bets only. The author does not endorse gambling.
    Last edited by mraynrand; 09-21-2017 at 12:52 PM.

LA RAMS @ San Fran and the first game scheduled for Week 3:

This is turning out to be a fun game to watch and for a Thursday Night Game that is saying a lot.

Jared Goff is doing excellent so far in this game 19/24 for 251 Yards and 1 TD; and working very well with former Buffalo Bills WR's Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods.

With 2:04 remaining in the 3rd Qtr.These WR's have a combined 10 catches for 200 yards.

RAMS RB Todd Gurley is a force again tonight with 3 TD's ( 2 Rushing and 1 Receiving ). Gurley just misses on another Rushing and well...just now, just missed again and again ! Give that man the ball once more...No! It was a pass on 3rd down and Sammy Watkins gets a TD pass.

The RAMS made two smart moves there ! Getting Watkins and Woods. That is somehow really unbelievable that their both now away from Buffalo and with the same Team again.

The score is very late in the 3rd Qtr. 34-20 LA RAMS.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

This is a Shoot Out !

The 49ers quickly respond with a TD !

34-26 RAMS. 12:13 left in the 4th Qtr.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Sammy Watkins gets his 2nd TD pass.

41-26 RAMS !
    with 8:43 left in the 4th Qtr.

Lots of 'O' in this game. Back to a one possession game.

RAMS 41-33 and 5:08 remains in the 4th Qtr and on the Kick the ball is turned over by the RAMS.

Hold onto your hats.

41-39 RAMS after a failed 2 Pt. attempt...and then the 49ers get the onside kick and it's their ball.

The RAMS are shaking now ! What a wild game.

At the 2 Minute Warning and the ball is at midfield (49ers ball).

On 4th and 20 Aaron Donald makes what appears to be the game saver SACK for the RAMS.

A wild wild game ! 819 and counting... Total Yards of 'O'.

It's in the books...41-39 RAMS !

That game was worth at least three pretzels
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Enjoy!
    It's 1975 all over again. Can I get my hair back?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's 1975 all over again. Can I get my hair back?
    I certainly can't spare any.

Did anyone actually watch the game? Those Rams unis are not easy on the eyes. Last time I watched a Rams night game was, I think, 1980 or something like that. The year they stomped Dallas with Jewrel (sp?) Thomas breaking off a couple of big runs. Since then the Rams have been a Sunday 1:00 team.

There were some classic Rams-Niners games on MNF back in the mid-late 80s too. Chrissy Everette v. Joe Montana. I can't remember which game, but a Rams receiver had around 200 yards in one game...

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Did anyone actually watch the game? Those Rams unis are not easy on the eyes. Last time I watched a Rams night game was, I think, 1980 or something like that. The year they stomped Dallas with Jewrel (sp?) Thomas breaking off a couple of big runs. Since then the Rams have been a Sunday 1:00 team.
    Its terrible, especially since they went back to white and blue uni/helmet. Those are fantastic uniforms and the helmet is one of my favorites.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

1990 - Flipper Anderson had 149 yards in a 28-17 win. That was an afternoon game. But typically Rams-Niners got a MNF game almost every year for a stretch there in the late 80s. Montana had some real stinkers in those games. As if you care.

1990 - Flipper Anderson had 149 yards in a 28-17 win. That was an afternoon game. But typically Rams-Niners got a MNF game almost every year for a stretch there in the late 80s. Montana had some real stinkers in those games. As if you care.
    The flip side to that was Jets/Dolphins, where Ken O'Brien would mimic Dan Marino and they would have a 35-34 passing duel twice a year. Other than those games, the Jets were lost on offense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    They were still no 1981 Dolphins/Chargers game.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

The media is going absolutely...

over last nights TNF game RAMS @ $9ers ! The highest scoring game (combined) in TNF History (80 Points). I think the previous record was 73 Points. 839 Net Yards of 'O' in this game !

I totally enjoyed it.

NFL fans who watched this game saw very solid play from rising NFL star players...QB Jared Goff ( 22/28 for 292 and 3 TD's and 0 Picks ).

RB Todd Gurley is fast and versatile ! ( He rushed for 113 yards and 2 TD's and made 5 Receptions and another TD);

WR Sammy Watkins (2 TD's and 106 yards and he and WR Robert Woods both coming to the LA RAMS from the Buffalo Bills combined for a total of 214 yards receiving).

Of course Aaron Donald on 'D' was a presence for the RAMS and made the Big PLay SACK of 49ers QB Brian Hoyer to clinch the game for his team.

RAM ILB's Alec Ogletree and Mark Barron (drafted as a Safety) combined for 14.5 Tackles. Nose Tackle Michael Brockers had 6 Tackles.

I was impressed with WR Pierre Garcon looked amazing in his new home for the San Fran 49ers coming over from the Washington Redskins (7 Receptions for 142 Yards).

RB Carlos Hyde had another nice game with a solid 84 yards rushing and 2 TD's.

49er's CB Jimmie Ward led his team with 7 tackles.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201709...alyze=boxscore

Week 3 TNF Game RAMS @ 49ers Game Highlights and Stat's.

Comment woodbuck27: Some very exciting stuff here.