Thread: Aaron Hernandez's Fiancee files lawsuit against the Patriots and NFL Re: a Severe CTE Diagnosis

Aaron Hernandez's Fiancee files lawsuit against the Patriots and NFL Re: a Severe CTE Diagnosis

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

JOSEPH ZUCKER ... SEPTEMBER 21, 2017

" Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez, who was engaged to former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, has filed a lawsuit against the Patriots and the NFL in the midst of Hernandez's diagnosis of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).

According to the lawsuit—obtained by CNN and provided to Bleacher Report—Hernandez was diagnosed with Stage III CTE, which is typically seen in deceased players with a median age of 67."

Please click on the LINK above for the remainder of this story that includes Video.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

" Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez, who was engaged to former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, has filed a lawsuit against the Patriots and the NFL in the midst of Hernandez's diagnosis of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).

According to the lawsuit—obtained by CNN and provided to Bleacher Report—Hernandez was diagnosed with Stage III CTE, which is typically seen in deceased players with a median age of 67."

Please click on the LINK above for the remainder of this story that includes Video.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say CTE makes you do rash, impulsive things, not plan and carry out an orchestrated execution!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say CTE makes you do rash, impulsive things, not plan and carry out an orchestrated execution!
    Also, there is plenty of evidence that AH was a total psychotic piece of shit before coming to the NFL.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Also, there is plenty of evidence that AH was a total psychotic piece of shit before coming to the NFL.
    Behavior changed in high school. Odds are it wasn't NFL contact that did the (original) damage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't like her chances of winning this Lawsuit.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I don't think it's about winning at all. Tie it up in court for a while, run depositions, keep the lawyer fees running than ask for a settlement. The insurance companies and the NFL know it will be less expensive to settle than the cost of lawyers and the potential cost if they some how lost.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I'll get flamed for this, but oh well. I'm so sick of CTE, PTSD, etc. Being the cause for every other thing now. Some people are just fucked up, deal and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I don't think it's about winning at all. Tie it up in court for a while, run depositions, keep the lawyer fees running than ask for a settlement. The insurance companies and the NFL know it will be less expensive to settle than the cost of lawyers and the potential cost if they some how lost.
    You're a lawyer, right? I get the point about comparative costs but isn't that overly focused on the short term? Doesn't that calculus overlook the likelihood that settling will encourage future frivolous lawsuits that might otherwise never happen? Surely there is an actuarial table somewhere that can tell us something about this.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    You're a lawyer, right? I get the point about comparative costs but isn't that overly focused on the short term? Doesn't that calculus overlook the likelihood that settling will encourage future frivolous lawsuits that might otherwise never happen? Surely there is an actuarial table somewhere that can tell us something about this.
    No, I am a CPA. I do some litigation work ( divorce and business valuation) and have been sued for multi millions of dollars. (We won but not after $500,000+ in legal fees).

The NFL is always worried about losing one of these suits because if they ever did everyone would sue the NFL. The cost of settling for an undisclosed amount and admitting no liability probably keeps the NFL way ahead in the total long-term cost.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Plaintiffs should have to share legal costs that fall on defendant in failed lawsuits.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Plaintiffs should have to share legal costs that fall on defendant in failed lawsuits.
    About 7 years ago WI changed its law; the defendant can get legal costs back if the lawsuit is frivolous. The defendant has to file a motion that the lawsuit is frivolous and the judge has something like 30 days to rule. In those 30 days the plantiff can withdraw their lawsuit with no penalty or wait for the judge to rule.

My lawyer used that once to stop a lawsuit against our firm. Only $5,000 in legal fees to get the plantiff to withdraw his lawsuit.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yes !

Throw enough shit at a brick wall and some of it is bound to stick.

What about the crimes he perpetrated before joining the NFL? Who is she suing for those crimes?