Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 3 vs. Cincinnati

More Banjo: Week 3 vs. Cincinnati

Huge OT win. Packers were 0-8 in OT during Rodgers tenure, at least one of those was a playoff game. 6 of those losses were on the road.

http://pfref.com/tiny/qJIMs
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green Bay Packers‏ @packers 53m53 minutes ago

Rodgers: This team took a big step forward in confidence. Good for our young guys to see it's never over til it's over. Nice comeback.

Rodgers: That's a character win, 100 percent...There's some studs not playing. No excuses. Guys out there are expected to play & play well.

Rodgers: It's a big win for us, especially on a short week. #CINvsGB #GoPackGo
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green Bay Packers @packers 1h1 hour ago

McCarthy on @813Geronimo: No surprise on Geronimo. You could see it coming in preseason. Taking the leap, plays with a lot of confidence.

McCarthy on @AaronRodgers12: He was tremendous today. Had a lot to deal with, lot of adjustments going on. #CINvsGB

McCarthy: Excellent win. We knew this was going to be a tough one. Very good win for us today. #CINvsGB

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Huge OT win. Packers were 0-8 in OT during Rodgers tenure, at least one of those was a playoff game. 6 of those losses were on the road.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Code:
    Team Stats 		CB	GB

First Downs		20	22	
    Passes for First	13	15	
    Rushes for First	5	3	
    Penalties for First	2	4	
    Third Down Efficiency	3-10	7-15	
    Fourth Down Efficiency	0-0	0-0	
    Total Yards		301	344	
    Total Plays		60	65	
    Avg Gain Per Play	5.0	5.3	
    Net Yards Rushing	110	64	
    Rushes			30	17	
    Yards Per Rush		3.7	3.8	

Stat Name			
    Net Yards Passing	191	280	
    Comp-Att		21-27	28-42	
    Yards Per Pass		6.4	5.8	
    Times Sacked		3	6	
    Yds Lost To Sacks	21	33	
    Interceptions Thrown	0	1	

Punts			6	6	
    Punt Average		61.0	54.5	
    Penalties		7	4	
    Penalty Yards		69	33	
    Fumbles			1	0	
    Fumbles Lost			1	0	
    ToP			34:20	35:40

A huge OT win !

A tough TNF game Vs Da Bears up next.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    McCarthy on @813Geronimo: No surprise on Geronimo. You could see it coming in preseason. Taking the leap, plays with a lot of confidence.
    Stubby is high on Geronimo.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Man, I dunno. I realize the O-Line is down a couple of starters, but Ty Montgomery just doesn't look like an NFL running back. To my eye there is a lack of cut back and/or outside burst of speed and swerve.

I applaud his willingness to accept his reassignment in the offense, but I haven't seen any flash, gash or dash over the first three games.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Stubby is high on Geronimo.
    I see what you did there.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Man, I dunno. I realize the O-Line is down a couple of starters, but Ty Montgomery just doesn't look like an NFL running back. To my eye there is a lack of cut back and/or outside burst of speed and swerve.

I applaud his willingness to accept his reassignment in the offense, but I haven't seen any flash, gash or dash over the first three games.
    +1 He just seems slow to hit the hole and very little after contact yards. Disappointing.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I hoped that TT would bring in LaGarrette Blount. I watched some of the Giants @ Eagles game today and Blount does some nice things.

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs

L. Blount 12 67 5.6 1

Rodgers was O for whatever in games where he had been sacked six or more times. One of the more memorable ones was the 2009 game in GB against Bungles.

First win in how long in a game where the Pack had never led before the final play.

He didn't have a lot of room to run today and was tackled often before he could turn up-field. But he still stinks at blocking back there. Until our tackles return I hope MM puts Rip in there instead on obvious passing downs before Rodgers gets killed.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I agree with your assessment. On a couple plays, one in particular, he missed a gaping hole and turned a run of a yard. He's far from an instinctive runner and leaves some plays on the field for us.

Jumbo Rat HOFer

At least 3 playoff OT games I can think of. Arizona, Seattle, Arizona
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Back from the game. So much for the Frozen Tundra. We were lucky. Were in the shadows much of the game. People in the northeast end were in the sun most of the day. Had to be like a sauna.
    Josh Jones is awesome. Geronimo is the real deal. King battled. He's arguably faced the 2 best WR's in the NFL the last 2 weeks and hasn't backed down. Rodgers is one call away from having 3 straight games where he gave the other team a TD. He needs to clean that up. Monty looked indecisive.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

there isn't a hole big enough to stick your - finger - in out there.

Monty's problems: - no TOP in the first half, team got down and 'had' to pass, and the O-line bites right now.
    Honestly, the Cincy defenders were just sprinting to Rodgers. No one was even thinking run at all, and when the Packers tried, the defenders were disrupting everything. That was a clusterfavre out there.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Back from the game. So much for the Frozen Tundra. We were lucky. Were in the shadows much of the game. People in the northeast end were in the sun most of the day. Had to be like a sauna.
    Josh Jones is awesome. Geronimo is the real deal. King battled. He's arguably faced the 2 best WR's in the NFL the last 2 weeks and hasn't backed down. Rodgers is one call away from having 3 straight games where he gave the other team a TD. He needs to clean that up. Monty looked indecisive.
    Rodgers had his eyes on Nelson the whole time - and his head turned. Also, the lack of a deep game (because of the pass rush) allowed the defensive backs to sit on the short patterns.

I was going to post the Packers don't have a vertical game at all after Week 2 but they did get it going a little bit here today. Remember in 2014 when they seemed to hit a deep 50 yd+ TD weekly? What happened there? Is it just that Nelly lost his speed? I expect to see them focused on OL, WR, and DL next year in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I was going to post the Packers don't have a vertical game at all after Week 2 but they did get it going a little bit here today.
    O line can't block it up