Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
Man, I dunno. I realize the O-Line is down a couple of starters, but Ty Montgomery just doesn't look like an NFL running back. To my eye there is a lack of cut back and/or outside burst of speed and swerve.

I applaud his willingness to accept his reassignment in the offense, but I haven't seen any flash, gash or dash over the first three games.
He runs like Bell. He scrapes the line looking for a lane. It just so happens that this OL isn't providing a lane. He isn't your typical guy who puts his head down for 4 yards. It has strengths and weaknesses. For my money he is right there with any back we have had in the last decade. Get our OL back in tact and I think you will all change your opinion.

I have stated for eternity that the OL makes the back not vice versa with about 2 exceptions in the entire league at any moment. It always amazes me that great OLs are blessed with 3-4 good RBs on a team at a time, but McCray, Patrick and Pancky are stuck with a stiff like Monty. Think how good they would look if we had Tony Fischer and Najeh Davenport back there@!!@!