Thread: Injured Reserve -Who Might Return?

Injured Reserve -Who Might Return?

GB has a lot of injuries, but not a lot of season ending ones to significant players.

They are speeding toward the point of no return for meaningful contributions from a player brought back from IR, since a player has to be on the list for 8 weeks. (I'm not sure if the bye week counts, or if it's a specific number of games that have to be missed.). At any rate, those designated this week could still return for significant numbers of games.

The list as of today:

Schum - I thought he was released, but website has him on IR. Doesn't matter, as he couldn't return anyway, never having been on the regular 53 man roster, assuming that rule has not changed.

Waters went to IR early in training camp, and Talley was placed on IR as part of the cutdown to reach 53. If the rule remains the same, neither is eligible to return.

Barclay went to IR before game 1.
    Spriggs last week.
    Murphy and Goode this week.

I have no idea how serious any of these injuries are. If the replacement struggles, I won't be surprised to see Goode return eventually. Things got better when he was resigned. In the mean time, Barclay could very well return as the most experienced OL reserve.

Blog Entries
    Nice post, P.

These are thoughts I've had, but am too scared to look or research.

Somehow, some way, you got me rooting for Don Barclay to get healthy and come back.

Sweet Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Nice post, P.

These are thoughts I've had, but am too scared to look or research.

Somehow, some way, you got me rooting for Don Barclay to get healthy and come back.

Sweet Jesus.
    Since his ACL tear a couple of years ago, I don't think Barclay can play Tackle. Better off hoping one of the young guys can develop.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Since his ACL tear a couple of years ago, I don't think Barclay can play Tackle. Better off hoping one of the young guys can develop.
    It is rare to find a five position replacement. I was thinking more about center and guard than tackle for Barclay, although at RT I'm not sure Murphy was much better than Barclay. If the writers are to be believed, if Linsley goes down for a game or more, GB is in real trouble.

The real advantage Barclay brings is experience.

Packers reach an injury settlement with Goode. He's off the IR and waived.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packers reach an injury settlement with Goode. He's off the IR and waived.
    Which means he can return to GB after the term of the settlement + a specified additional period of weeks (6?), correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Which means he can return to GB after the term of the settlement + a specified additional period of weeks (6?), correct?
    No idea. I have never understood it except that it could allow you to get out of IR for the season.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Goode injury settlement also allows the Packers to not use one of their IR designated-to-return slots on him if they do decide to bring him back later this season.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 09-26-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That is correct.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Serious question, why don't they reach injury settlements with more players that could potentially return? I've never heard of that before. It's interesting. Seems viable for any contributor that doesn't have a long term contract and would be scooped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That is correct.
    From Packer Report, discussing Goode:

The team, however, can’t re-sign the player for an additional six weeks. If, for example, the Packers negotiated a two-week injury settlement, Goode wouldn’t be eligible to return to the team for eight weeks — or after Week 11. He could sign with another team at any time.
    http://scout.com/nfl/packers/Gallery...for--108048617

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    WTF was that?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck