Thread: to be two RBs or not two RBs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Would probably do better with Bulaga and Bakhtiari out there instead of Murphy and McCray, but yeah, he's been getting a LOT of snaps and the heat probably wore him out. Are the rookies not ready to siphon off snaps yet? They're gonna run Montgomery into the ground and be forced to play them at this rate.
    The rookies might be worse than Ty is at picking up blitzes so that is why they aren't seeing a lot of playing time just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The rookies might be worse than Ty is at picking up blitzes so that is why they aren't seeing a lot of playing time just yet.
    Monty still has issues and the best blitz pickup is either Ripper or Jamaal Williams, who did it for 3 years in college.

Monty missed two that I saw (one I was certain of) and I was kinda surprised M3 didn't stick Ripper out there to catch a break. I think someone posted this in the Game Thread.

M3 doesn't like going with unpracticed items in the game plan though, so I bet he thought Monty would be able to make hay with screens, which were plentiful in the second half.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    M3 doesn't like going with unpracticed items in the game plan though, so I bet he thought Monty would be able to make hay with screens, which were plentiful in the second half.
    The inside passes and screen should have worked; the Cincy D line was absolutely sprinting to Rodgers. You could tell they didn't care if the Packers tried to run or screen. Problems were that the O-linemen were really bad getting to their spots, and the pass rush was so fast it was blowing up lanes for the screens.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck