Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: to be two RBs or not two RBs

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And incidentally he wasn't "missing blitz pickups" he was compensating for a leaky OL. BIG difference.
    Good point. They were getting in that fast with just their D Line rushing.

I agree, Montgomery is getting scapegoated for the line's badness. He has been about as good as you can expect of him under the circumstances - and by circumstances, I mean the O Line. I'd like to see him (and Jones and Mays maybe) used more on quick swing passes to defeat the big pass rush. The Packers have done that a few times, but more would be better.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I want to see Aaron Jones get some damn playing time, they are playing Monty way too much.

Eric Baranczyk piles on:
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ame/700966001/

I say they should be playing a second RB even if Monty is tearing up the league.

The standard argument is always "blitz pickup." I just don't believe it is brain surgery, or even as complicated as being a defensive back or WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Eric Baranczyk piles on:
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ame/700966001/

I say they should be playing a second RB even if Monty is tearing up the league.

The standard argument is always "blitz pickup." I just don't believe it is brain surgery, or even as complicated as being a defensive back or WR.

Blitz pickup? You try convincing a woman at the club to go home with you in under ten minutes.

It's not that easy. Unless she is.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I want to see Aaron Jones get some damn playing time, they are playing Monty way too much.
    Your wish has been granted.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Your wish has been granted.
    yup. he's the #1 for the foreseeable future. ya know...in football, is anything really foreseeable?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    yup. he's the #1 for the foreseeable future. ya know...in football, is anything really foreseeable?
    The Bears still sucking?

Cheap, very cheap.

Anybody know anything about Davante Mays? How he looked at the end of camp? I'd like to know, because the way this train is running, he'll be the #1 tailback in a few weeks.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    For once, I agree with you - NOT because of any negativity about Montgomery, who has been damn good, but because Jones is head and shoulders better than Jamal Williams. It would have been stupid to cut back on Montgomery's plays in favor of Williams.

I liked what I saw of Mays also in preseason. He seemed to have surprising speed and shiftiness in addition to a lot more size than the other RBs.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    For once, I agree with you - NOT because of any negativity about Montgomery, who has been damn good, but because Jones is head and shoulders better than Jamal Williams. It would have been stupid to cut back on Montgomery's plays in favor of Williams.

I liked what I saw of Mays also in preseason. He seemed to have surprising speed and shiftiness in addition to a lot more size than the other RBs.
    Agreed. At times during the preseason, watching Mays, I got flashbacks of Lacy. The guy's a load.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    That's stubby, he just doesn't get it.
    Mike McCarthy thinks in a stutter.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Funny how people love to pile on. That OL was a complete shit show. Last year the critique was he can't take the pounding required of an NFL back. This year he leads all RBs in snap count. He did just fine with what he had to work with. He isn't AP, admitted, but for my money I love his versatility. We are lucky we have him right now. MM is leaving him in there because he fears for ARods life.

MM is leaving him in there because back in the day he never learned not to wind a clock too tight.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Seattle is built to run first. Carson also has some good yardage on plays where the world was expecting a run. Also, I'm not saying we wouldn't be fine with a lot of other RBs, I'm simply saying not a lot of RBs would be fine with us right now.
    Don't kid yourself the Packers are in lousy shape and Running Backs.

Is Ted Thompson trying to 'Innovate' and the need of a Running Back in the NFL !?