Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Bears Week Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Still love this play. Wasn't this also Halloween?
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Those didn't start really accumulating until later in the year, with Sapp taking out Clifton the apogee.

No one of note is really gone for the whole season yet, except maybe Clay Matthews.
    um, what?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    um, what?
    people have been saying he's invisible...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

So now Murphy is hurting and the Packers are looking at a guy on AZ's practice squad. WTF Ted why can't you have 6 NFL starting caliber tackles. Rodgers deserves nothing less.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Bring in another stumblebum TT
    C.H.U.D.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Yikes, I hope AR survives with no running game and no line.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Those goofy damn glasses. LOL What a great moment in Packer history.
    How many of you gentlemen were at that game? I was and it was wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Yikes, I hope AR survives with no running game and no line.
    Last year against the Bears Packers had no RB's (Monty's 1st game at RB). Packers went to the short passing game with Rodgers completing 39 of 56 passes. Monty caught 10, Cobb 11 and Adams 13. Probably see something similar this week. It would be nice to see Bennett get out of his slump.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Bennett will be highly motivated for this game. I could see him dropping 4-5 passes easy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

bears have a good d (and pretty good o). so do det and minn (especially det). det may be the best team in the north right now. this is a must win game. the Packers aren't going to have a cake walk to the nfc north title. i was pulling for atl to beat det. nothing happens without winning the north.

Home divisional games are mustest of must wins.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    bears have a good d (and pretty good o). so do det and minn (especially det). det may be the best team in the north right now. this is a must win game. the Packers aren't going to have a cake walk to the nfc north title. i was pulling for atl to beat det. nothing happens without winning the north.
    With Bears top 2 WR's out for the year, they're throwing to their RB's and TE's a lot. Glennon isn't going downfield much. He's averaging less than 9 yards per completion. Tackling well is a must. Burnett and Josh Jones will be very busy.

Home divisional games are mustest of must wins.
    i wanted to add the bit of wisdom to my sig but for whatever reason it won't let me. know the thought was there though. lol

MM when asked about the bears today: "I hope they're extremely dehydrated and working in pads today." *smirk*

lol

perhaps there is hope...

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

WR Randall Cobb (chest) and LT David Bakhtiari (hamstring) both returned to practice.

Defensive players Mike Daniels (hip), Kentrell Brice (groin), Jake Ryan (hamstring, concussion) and Nick Perry (hand) all returned to practice.

Nick Perry practiced with a club on his surgically repaired right hand. Last year, it was his left hand, and he managed to play effectively with a similar cast.

Bulaga did not practice and will likely be out Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    perhaps there is hope...
    I give Perry credit, has it even been a week since they probably pinned two bones together in his finger?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Harlan posted Baranczyk's take on Monty elsewhere (that the Packers should work to find a complement to Monty immediately) but I wanted to flag another of his points: Blake Martinez had a measurable (and positive) impact on the game.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ame/700966001/

Blake Martinez had the best game of his relatively short NFL career Sunday.

The second-year linebacker finished second on the team in tackles (11), and his play against the run as the lone standard linebacker in the Packers’ nitro defense helped make the six-defensive-back personnel group work against a team with talented running backs.

Though the Bengals ran the ball well at times, overall Joe Mixon (3.4-yard average on 18 carries) and Jeremy Hill (3.3 yards on seven carries) didn’t control the game on the ground against the Packers’ undersized defense. Martinez played fast, and was all over the field.

Martinez also made one of the game’s big plays, on the first snap of overtime, when he knifed through the line and dropped Mixon for a two-yard loss. That set the tone for overtime and put the Bengals in an unfavorable down and distance (second and 12). Two plays later the Packers’ defense got a third-down stop and off the field.

Not much has separated Martinez from Jake Ryan, who didn’t play Sunday because of a hamstring injury and concussion. But with more play like Sunday, Martinez rarely will come off the field.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I give Perry credit, has it even been a week since they probably pinned two bones together in his finger?
    He's used to it. He has more pins in his body than Hillary's Trump VooDoo doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Bulaga did not practice and will likely be out Thursday.
    They would have been better off to keep Lang, ship Bulaga and find a youngster or 2 for tackle. They certainly would be no worse off. Bulaga is worthless.