Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Official Bears Week Thread

Murphy on something called Instagram:

kylemurphy68
    Tough to hear the news this week that I'm going to be sidelined with an injury for a little bit. Had a blast competing with my teammates the first 3 weeks but I'm looking forward to watching them continue to ball out going forward. Just a little bump in the road but I'll be back stronger than ever ��������

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZmhB6_HdiO/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Murphy on something called Instagram:

kylemurphy68
    Tough to hear the news this week that I'm going to be sidelined with an injury for a little bit. Had a blast competing with my teammates the first 3 weeks but I'm looking forward to watching them continue to ball out going forward. Just a little bump in the road but I'll be back stronger than ever ��������

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZmhB6_HdiO/
    I believe instagram is a part of the social media.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Does he seem to be saying good bye for the year to you?

Or just long odds since only two of them can come back?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I know it's one game and one bad day at the office, but is there any thought that maybe it's time to say goodbye to Randall, at least in the form of a team-imposed suspension?

Boy, he was waving his arms and gesticulating so much on that TD burn I thought maybe King had screwed up the coverage, but it appeared to my untrained eye like Randall either thought they were playing zone or that he got caught peeking into the backfield.

Anybody smarter than I am tell me what happened on that play?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

heard there was a defensive call to go man and he went zone. was benched. sulked about it. was either told to go and left on his own. they're "handling it internally."

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I use exchange-o-gram

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    heard there was a defensive call to go man and he went zone. was benched. sulked about it. was either told to go and left on his own. they're "handling it internally."
    That kinda screwup would explain a lot of his weird coverages. But I have seen King do it too.

I wonder why that particular call is tough to discern.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me. Seems like the kid has talent but is a bit of a mess between the ears. Coverage mistakes can happen, you gotta handle it better than sulking though.
    Hopefully Whitt can be a CB whisperer and talk him off the ledge. The team will need him -- it's a long season, and who knows when House will be back. Hawkins got away with a few things in coverage.

Unrelated, but how stupid are the DL rules in football? Why not let guys come back when they're healthy? Player safety focused and all... Maybe let you specify whether they'll be out 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks or season. The way it is is not very good for promoting player safety.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Unrelated, but how stupid are the DL rules in football? Why not let guys come back when they're healthy? Player safety focused and all... Maybe let you specify whether they'll be out 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks or season. The way it is is not very good for promoting player safety.
    Its to prevent teams from stashing players for development.

Baseball has looser rules, but they have a 25/40 man roster limits controlling it. Lotta room to maneuver. You would have to add a lot of roster spots to get that kind of flexibility in football, more than just the taxi squad.

They need to increase roster size by 6 players, at least. Then forget about PUP and returning from IR. Everybody knows the rosters are silly small. Those cheap bastards.

They should continue with an inactive list, that is a smart idea to mitigate luck of injuries.

I don't think owners will want to increase roster size unless the union really demands it. I wonder about something like a 4 or 6 game version of IR... or relaxing the PUP rules so you don't have to be injured at the start of training camp. Agree the DL rules are stupid.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    They need to increase roster size by 6 players, at least. Then forget about PUP and returning from IR. Everybody knows the rosters are silly small. Those cheap bastards.

They should continue with an inactive list, that is a smart idea to mitigate luck of injuries.
    How much money are we really talking about here? It's not like the expanded roster will be filled with expensive top talent. Probably a few more guys at NFL minimum or thereabouts. If resistance to expanded rosters is about the money then these guys are needlessly cheapos.