Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much do we miss Kuhn right now?

How much do we miss Kuhn right now?

After watching Ty miss chip block after chip block last week how much do we miss him in the certain situation we're in. I know he's pretty old now but wish we kept him over Rip looking back at it now if for nothing but for his pass protection.

I remember lots of games where Kuhn got few snaps, much like RIP. Of course I remember nothing, but you get the theory.

Didn't Kuhn mostly play in 4th quarter, or am I making that up too?

If that is the concern, stick Ripkowski out there. He was fine last year blocking.

Or put Williams out there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ZERO. He was a very average player. If you could yell KUUUUUUHHHHHHNNNN, he wouldn't have been noticed.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Guess people forget his block on Peppers that set up the game winning TD to Cobb on 4th down to send us into the playoffs. As for Rip I don't trust him running the ball at all, wish we could bring in a more complete FB. Maybe that's the question I should have asked.

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    ZERO. He was a very average player. If you could yell KUUUUUUHHHHHHNNNN, he wouldn't have been noticed.
    He was actually a very underrated blocker.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Guess people forget his block on Peppers that set up the game winning TD to Cobb on 4th down to send us into the playoffs. As for Rip I don't trust him running the ball at all, wish we could bring in a more complete FB. Maybe that's the question I should have asked.
    I remember. I remember Jeff Thomasen scoring a TD once too.

Packers can't survive with Ripkowski. He always fumbles in NFC Championship games. Always.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Can Kuhn play T?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Kuhn did become a good pass blocker for us, probably better than anything we have now. Brandon Jackson was even better than Kuhn. I'd still rather ride out some lumps with Ty though. The only way to make a viable RB out of him is to have him on the field for 3rd down. In our first week he had some excellent blitz pickups. Count on the Standford guy to learn.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

He was actually a very underrated blocker.
    NO ! Kuhn was a solid Pass Blocker.

I am surprised that there is any question and his ability and value to the Packers and his Blocking skills.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

After watching Ty miss chip block after chip block last week how much do we miss him in the certain situation we're in. I know he's pretty old now but wish we kept him over Rip looking back at it now if for nothing but for his pass protection.

Who?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Packers can't survive with Ripkowski. He always fumbles in NFC Championship games. Always.
    No shit. Guy has 1 bad play in a season and he's the worst thing ever.

Ripkowski in 2016
    Regular Season
    34 carries
    150 yards
    2 TD
    0 Fumbles

9 catches on 10 targets
    46 yards
    1 TD
    0 Fumbles

Playoffs
    9 carries
    36 yards
    1 TD
    1 Fumble

4 catches on 5 targets
    39 yards
    0 TD

John Kuhn was a horrible ball carrier. If you needed 1 yard he would get 1 yard. If you needed 2 yards he would get 1 yard. That fucking fullback dive was an absolute waste of a down every time for years. There didn't appear to be any drop off in blitz pickup when Rip came in, plus I can't outrun Rip. I am almost positive I could outrun Kuhn. He looked slow getting into place for a screen. Guy has been living off his friendship with Rodgers and that fucking chant for 6 years. Good riddance.

Put Rip in to block if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Kuhn just went to IR: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-willie-snead/

He'd fit right in!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Bring back Quinn Johnson, that guy is the full package.

Not unless you mean the Kuhn from about 5 seasons ago. Can't imagine he's got much in the tank.
    Ripkowski can do pass pro, the other backs will learn it too.

I miss Korey Hall.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm guessing a lot of us miss William Henderson.

Answer: We don't miss Kuhn one bit. Ripkowski is very decent and can do more things than Kuhn. Also, with the very limited use of the fullback in general and the ability of TEs to play there if needed, we barely need a FB at all.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

If only Torrance Marshall had been given more time to convert from linebacker to fullback.

At least, that's what his girlfriend said.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

though call

kuhn was good for about 1ypc, but could block

i think rip can do that, we just gotta let him play, which means finally giving up on the run game