Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Monty can't hit a hole to save his life, arm tackled all the time, falls sideways, can't block...yeah start getting his bust ready for the hall.
    I thought Ty was running pretty well before he injured his rib(s). I think you are being a bit harsh here.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    If Montgomery can stay healthy, a fairly big if, he's a damn good RB. Add to that his way above average pass catching ability, and he's our obvious top choice as a starter. I've said all along, Williams was the worst of the three rookies. With Jones as the #2 and maybe Mays as the #3, we are pretty well set - way more than with Williams who might not be half if he had a line that could block, but goes nowhere with the Packers.
    Tex, we don't often agree, but here's a point in which I am in full agreement - Williams looks like the jaggiest of jags. Guy never seems to find a hole or a crease, doesn't move the pile, doesn't do much at all. If he was playing because of his pass blocking, then hell, just put Rip in there. At least he can move the pile a yard or two.

Jones has more shake in his movement and seems to look for, and find, the crease. Mays I can't say much about, as I have not really seen him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I said it during the game, Williams sure can hit the pile real fast. He reminds me of Anthony Thompson when he was with the Pack back in the day. Just had a knack for finding the pile and running straight at it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    If Montgomery can stay healthy, a fairly big if, he's a damn good RB. Add to that his way above average pass catching ability, and he's our obvious top choice as a starter. I've said all along, Williams was the worst of the three rookies. With Jones as the #2 and maybe Mays as the #3, we are pretty well set - way more than with Williams who might not be half if he had a line that could block, but goes nowhere with the Packers.
    Well the if is already a no.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I said it during the game, Williams sure can hit the pile real fast. He reminds me of Anthony Thompson when he was with the Pack back in the day. Just had a knack for finding the pile and running straight at it.
    Darrell Thompson? The Gopher?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 26m26 minutes ago
    #Packers RB Jamaal Williams is believed to have suffered a knee sprain last night, source said. MRI to confirm. But likely to miss time.
    Good thing they kept all 3 rookie running backs. I knew they'd be needed.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Good thing they kept all 3 rookie running backs. I knew they'd be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Well the if is already a no.
    Cobb came back strong in a week from a "chest" injury; Hopefully Montgomery's ain't any worse. I wouldn't bet against him playing in the Cowboys game.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Darrell Thompson? The Gopher?
    Yeah that one. Sorry got the Thompson Twins confused.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

So what happened to Randall? We all know he left, but nobody has elaborated as far as I know. Wilde was alluding to him being done with the Packers supposedly??????

Weird. I saw Williams being more effective with a worse O line (2nd team versus a few D starters) in preseason.

But he was not explosive. Just seemed to hit the correct hole and push forward. He might be just a guy. But I'd like to see him get more than 4 carries before writing him off. Jones is smaller than Monty, though at 5' 9", 208 pounds looks different.

If Monty is inactive, might get to see Mays too.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Montgomery has cracked/broken ribs. We'll see if he plays at Dallas, and how much. It looks to my untrained eyes like Williams isn't quite patient enough (yet) and isn't waiting that half beat for the blocks to develop. It's also hard to tell with a patchwork OL. Jones seemed to do better, so who knows.
    On that note, you gotta give the OL some credit for holding up against the Bears, as well as MM actually tailoring the play calls to limit Rodgers from getting hit.
    Vogel did really well.

I'd also like to thank Mike Glennon and give him a honorary Cutler for gifting the Packers 4 turnovers. That was the key to the game IMO. Without those, this game would have been very different. The Bears played very sloppy, and it warmed my heart to watch the Pack regain the lead in the all-time series.

Anyone still think the only thing keeping Randall from the pro bowl is injuries?

I have said in the past, he showed the same signs of being completely lost before the injury and well after the injury, no we see it again this year

His problem is in his head.

Last night he gets beat bad, then he does his trademark dance that we see every time he gets torched. He throws his hands up and throws a fit because there was no help. But, like most cases, there was no help to give him. It was his fault. He mopes his way to the bench still throwing a fit and sits on a bench far from his teammates and won't talk to anyone. He then gets benched at halftime. House is seen on the bench, he says he was trying to get his head back in the game. At this point, the whole team is standing and watching the game, except Randall. And some point he either leaves on his own, or told to go the fuck home. He's gone from the locker room before the game is even over

This kid is damaged goods, and an immature, me first little diva

Cut the cord

Adams is home from the hospital with just a concussion, nothing more

Great news

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Anyone still think the only thing keeping Randall from the pro bowl is injuries?

I have said in the past, he showed the same signs of being completely lost before the injury and well after the injury, no we see it again this year

His problem is in his head.

Last night he gets beat bad, then he does his trademark dance that we see every time he gets torched. He throws his hands up and throws a fit because there was no help. But, like most cases, there was no help to give him. It was his fault. He mopes his way to the bench still throwing a fit and sits on a bench far from his teammates and won't talk to anyone. He then gets benched at halftime. House is seen on the bench, he says he was trying to get his head back in the game. At this point, the whole team is standing and watching the game, except Randall. And some point he either leaves on his own, or told to go the fuck home. He's gone from the locker room before the game is even over

This kid is damaged goods, and an immature, me first little diva

Cut the cord
    Agree with everything you said except the last sentence. Maybe the kid is a reincarnation of Ahmad Carroll...but maybe he's still salvageable. Just move him down the depth chart and let him get his head straight. He might just come around. He's got the tools.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Did you guys pay attention to the reply on that touchdown that 23 gave up? He jumped (literally hopped) the slant route that wasn't even there. Every other defender had a matchup, have no idea who he thought was supposed to help him. Or why he jumps at the snap. Horrible mechanics.

He does need to get his head straight. And the communication issue seems to be fixable. Don't throw him overboard yet.

But in better news:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 30s30 seconds ago
    Packers RB Jamaal Williams MRI results came back negative - no ligament damage, purely muscular, per source. Could miss next game, not more.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

randall got into an argument with an unnamed coach on the sideline and was sent to the locker room, which he then left before the game was over

so the guy quit on his team

fuck him

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Lost the time of possession battle again.

Code:
    Team			CB	GB
    First Downs		20	16	
    Passes for First	11	9	
    Rushes for First	7	5	
    Penalties for First	2	2	
    Third Down Efficiency	5-12	6-13	
    Fourth Down Efficiency	2-2	1-1	
    Total Yards		306	260	
    Total Plays		64	53	
    Avg Gain Per Play	4.8	4.9	
    Net Yards Rushing	103	91	
    Rushes			30	24	
    Yards Per Rush		3.4	3.8	

Stat Name			
    Net Yards Passing	203	169	
    Comp-Att		21-33	19-27	
    Yards Per Pass		6.0	5.8	
    Times Sacked		1	2	
    Yds Lost To Sacks	13	10	
    Interceptions Thrown	2	0

Punts			3	5	
    Punt Average		49.0	47.6	
    Penalties		8	7	
    Penalty Yards		60	55	
    Fumbles			2	0	
    Fumbles Lost		2	0	

Time of Possession	31:51	28:09
    Chicago had that long, methodical drive in the 4th quarter to bleed the clock.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    randall got into an argument with an unnamed coach on the sideline and was sent to the locker room, which he then left before the game was over

so the guy quit on his team

fuck him
    I saw that and my only response was, "Wow". Not even Dez or any of the other "prima donnas" in the NFL left the stadium when throwing their fits.

What's going on in his head?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.