View Poll Results: Should Ted have kept Mr. Hyde?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

13 86.67%
  • Yes

2 13.33%

Thread: Micah Hyde: Should He Have Been Kept?

Micah Hyde: Should He Have Been Kept?

Lots of Twitter regret over the absence of Hyde now that he has a Casey Hayward like 3 INTs.

Here is a sampling:

Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
    Hyde is an example of a guy who plays faster than he timed. Former high school QB has great instincts and understands everything. #Packers

Responses:

THOMAS SCHAFFER‏ @TMSWIU 51m51 minutes ago
    But the Packers have Randall

joshmarkspackers‏ @joshmarkspacker 53m53 minutes ago
    The Casey Hayward effect like woah

J Pagel‏ @jlp101176 47m47 minutes ago
    Swiss Army knife. He doesn’t excel physically in one area but he’s solid everywhere. I was really hoping they’d extend him.

Alex Rountree‏ @arountree27 49m49 minutes ago
    Just like casey hayward lead the league last year lol

Joseph Britt‏ @Zathras3 10m10 minutes ago
    I said when Bills signed Hyde that they overpaid, but got the smartest guy in their secondary. Good for him.

Brad Niemi‏ @BradNiemi 34m34 minutes ago
    Classic Ted release.

Nick Becker‏ @nbeckerus 34m34 minutes ago
    Why did we let him go?

David Detjen‏ @fajita1959 41m41 minutes ago
    Our Defensive issues are magnified by letting quality players like Hyde and Hayward go....to give the spots to #23

steven estrada‏ @sinsay191 1h1 hour ago
    Why do the packers let go of all the dbs that play well?

truthteller4ever‏ @mickeyfinnagain 8m8 minutes ago
    Great attitude! Great team player. Always showed up for work! Also has great intangibles! Occasionally making borderline spectacular plays!

truthteller4ever‏ @mickeyfinnagain 14m14 minutes ago
    Athletically; Hyde is slower & shorter than current Packers options (Hyde was wayyy overpaid by the Bills) he is shining in sun now though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Misread the poll question, should be a no. We have a number of young guys that are more than capable and may be better at filling the role. Hyde is playing more of a traditional free safety in Buffalo.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Bills have a pretty solid defense all around. Packers d-backs get more INTs/passes defensed when they force pressure with front four and/or play against compromised offenses. (like offenses that have lost their top two WRs - ATL and CHI now are the same in that regard, no?).

Fans get excited about INTs - it's understandable; but they are usually a sign of a much bigger story. It's rare for INTs to be a result of just simply great play by a top flight db.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Agree with Brohm: Hyde's strengths don't fit so well with what the Packers are trying to do with the back seven (secondary and middle LBs). His pick on the bubble screen against Dallas was one my all time faves, though, and there is no lack of gratitude for what he gave the Packers.

Micah Hyde played lights out yesterday and yes, it made me miss him. I saw the game with my Falcons friend and we just bowed in awe of Hyde and the Bills defense in general. Sorry, but I voted 'YES'.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

good player, and i liked him and hated to see him go, but he was a back up safety and would be a back up again this year. we're stocked up on safety.

Good player, versatile, smart. Not fast, and no way was Ted gonna pay him that much with the rest of the talent they had at S.
    I thought the Bills way overpaid, but if he's doing well then good for him.

He was also playing against the lesser lights of the Falcon receiver corp once Jones and Sanu were out.

#never forget

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/p...39185451.html/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.