Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Duds and Studs, Bears Edition

Both Brooks and Freeman had real burst whether it showed up on a timer or not. Jennings didn't seem to have that. He was a good route runner, but not a game breaker like the others. Jennings reminds me of Cobb in terms of lack of burst but not the route running; Jordy reminds me of the other two with his burst and with a good dose of route running ability too. The jury is still out on Adams.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    After two bad offenses, one average one and one great one, packers have the 8th ranked defense on yards per game right now.

Considering competion and injury and then looking into the future...... honestly, I think they could be legit top 10! Now, if we can just get a little healthy at our OT position, we have a shot to be a top tier offense and top 10 defense.

After 4 games, I could see SB still. I'm feeling like we're in that tier.
    Hell yeah, SB! Crippled as it has been, our D is probably better than that 8th ranking.

The Bengal offense may have bad stats, but their talent level is way up there - I'm assuming they were one of the bad offenses you mentioned.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    on the plus side, you should lose a lot of weight

i once lost 17 pounds overnight because of the stomach flu
    That's a lot of Cheetos
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Good bye Randall you are terrible and a quitter. Jones Nice damn running, actually looked like an NFL RB.

Tony Romo, guy is awesome to listen too.
    Romo's tactical stream-of-consciousness is fun but what really hit me last night was his sense of humor. The guy has a knack for entertainment.

2 prime examples: 1.) McCarthy caught dropping multiple F-bombs on camera. Romo immediately modulates slightly to this aww-shucks voice, "oh shoot. Gosh darn it!"
    2.) Guessing a 4th-and-short playcall correctly as a bootleg saying "McCarthy seems like a bootleg guy, don't you think?" Nantz noted every goddamn bootleg for the rest of the game after that because not only was Romo right, he was slightly hilarious in doing so.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Stud - James Campen. Had 4 Guards out there and made it work.

Lane Taylor - Didn't hear his name much. That's what you want.
    Along the same line - Stud: Mike McCarthy. He lost all his tackles, had to use four guards and a center. First series was brilliant, run, run, run. After all, what do guards do best? Run block. It worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Romo's tactical stream-of-consciousness is fun but what really hit me last night was his sense of humor. The guy has a knack for entertainment.

2 prime examples: 1.) McCarthy caught dropping multiple F-bombs on camera. Romo immediately modulates slightly to this aww-shucks voice, "oh shoot. Gosh darn it!"
    2.) Guessing a 4th-and-short playcall correctly as a bootleg saying "McCarthy seems like a bootleg guy, don't you think?" Nantz noted every goddamn bootleg for the rest of the game after that because not only was Romo right, he was slightly hilarious in doing so.
    the "oh shoot, gosh darn it" line when fat mike was saying something along the lines of "thats fucking shit" was classic

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    on the plus side, you should lose a lot of weight

i once lost 17 pounds overnight because of the stomach flu
    Did you look like this?

c c
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Why was 2011 so successful and each year since seems like a struggle to get the ball downfield?
    Jones and Nelson could torture defenses outside, Jennings and Driver would burn them inside. Could have big play attempts then just pass for first downs.

Finley just made it lopsided. Defenses hadn't adjusted yet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Both Brooks and Freeman had real burst whether it showed up on a timer or not. Jennings didn't seem to have that. He was a good route runner, but not a game breaker like the others. Jennings reminds me of Cobb in terms of lack of burst but not the route running; Jordy reminds me of the other two with his burst and with a good dose of route running ability too. The jury is still out on Adams.
    i think Jennings had more burst then Freeman
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

I got a laugh out of when Tony lamented about yet another flag thrown saying - I'm paraphrasing here - Oh good, we can't have the game run smoothly.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Both Brooks and Freeman had real burst whether it showed up on a timer or not. Jennings didn't seem to have that. He was a good route runner, but not a game breaker like the others.
    You're dreaming as usual. Jennings not a game breaker? C'mon, man! And whatever the hell burst is, Jennings had it in spades.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Went to urgent care today and I have pneomnia.

Wtf, old people are supposed to get that. Not mid-life distance runners.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    i think Jennings had more burst then Freeman
    Yes, and it's not even close.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Went to urgent care today and I have pneomnia.

Wtf, old people are supposed to get that. Not mid-life distance runners.
    It's no joke either. I had it 7 years ago and it freakin leveled me for a few days.

Thunder Dan has more burst than Freeman right now. Freeman was the guy that knew instinctively how to find the hole in the zone, so teams had a hard time protecting themselves from Brooks. He could get deep, but like James Jones, it wasn't so much speed as technique and guile. His speed wasn't bad when he was young, but not top end for WR then. He got heavier later in his career and that speed disappeared. He never forgot how to get open underneath though.

Be careful Dan, pneumonia is tricky to treat. It doesn't kill the olds outright (though it can) so much as it leads to lots of complications and repeats. Its kind of like a Tramontana tackle, it just hangs on.

Don't be in a hurry to get back to a normal schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    You're dreaming as usual. Jennings not a game breaker? C'mon, man! And whatever the hell burst is, Jennings had it in spades.
    Jennings with a broken leg had more of a burst than Freeman did.

Last edited by Joemailman; 10-01-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did you look like this?

c c
    right idea, wrong episode

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Thunder Dan has more burst than Freeman right now. Freeman was the guy that knew instinctively how to find the hole in the zone, so teams had a hard time protecting themselves from Brooks. He could get deep, but like James Jones, it wasn't so much speed as technique and guile. His speed wasn't bad when he was young, but not top end for WR then. He got heavier later in his career and that speed disappeared. He never forgot how to get open underneath though.

Be careful Dan, pneumonia is tricky to treat. It doesn't kill the olds outright (though it can) so much as it leads to lots of complications and repeats. Its kind of like a Tramontana tackle, it just hangs on.

Yup, already to schedule my check up X-rays in a month to make sure it is taken care of.

Massive antibiotics, rest, and fluids. I guess my half marathon at the end of the month is shot.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Is it just me or are our ilb the best we have had since 2009?
    They are about like the hawk years. They make a play every game or two, and don't screw up a lot. So you don't really know they're there, which is both good and bad

Freeman was slow as hell. Jennings was a special player for a few years, like top 3 we. In the OBJ class

People don't like to remember that because of the way he left, and then fizzled with shit qb's, but he was the best Wr we had since sharpe, with brooks not for behind him IMO