Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trevathan Suspended Two Weeks

Trevathan Suspended Two Weeks

Jon Runyan handed down a 2 week suspension for Trevathan on Saturday.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ams/720137001/

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Would have liked to see 8 weeks for the long term health of the NFL.

I think the ship has sailed on suburban kids *playing* football.

Hits like this have no place in the game and make me question whether I even want to *participate and watch* football.

I fear for the long term popularity of the league if they don't stop this sort of thing. I, and I can assume others, don't need those scrambled brains (blood) on our hands.

That suspension of 'only two weeks' is outrageously wrong.

The NFL had an opportunity to suspend Bears LBer Danny Trevathan for at least 5 games or more to send a harsh penalty message to the entire league and blew it.

The GREEN BAY PACKER Organization has to be outraged.

As NFL fans we do not need to see such assaults on the field and the NFL grossly failed here. The NFL is supposedly trying to protect it's players from concussion and clearly have brought shame down on their Head Office.

That should have been a minimum 4 game suspension.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

NFL Must Come Down Strong on Bears' Danny Trevathan After Brutal Hit

BRENT SOBLESKI...SEPTEMBER 29, 2017

Comment woodbuck27:

If you have the stomach look at the close up Video of this vicious assault on a Green Bay Packer star player.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Trevathan didn’t intentionally go out to hurt Adams.
    Yes he lead with the helmet to Adams’ neck and helmet area which was wrong, but players, especially linebackers are taught to finish plays and often don’t have time to stop and think before they act. Things happen in an instant.
    It’s easy for us to analyze and judge now after the fact, but football is a high contact sport.....this stuff happens.
    A 10 game suspension would have been over kill, NFL got it right with a 2 gamer.

Also keep in mind that Trevathan apologized for his actions when he was interviewed after the game. He reached out to Adams and said that the important thing was that Davante was okay. So the Bear player regretted his actions knowing full well that he’d done the wrong thing on the field. Surely the NFL took his post game comments in to consideration.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 10-01-2017 at 01:55 AM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    two games is perfectly acceptable. It's not like he under-inflated his balls.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Trevathan didn’t intentionally go out to hurt Adams.
    Yes he lead with the helmet to Adams’ neck and helmet area which was wrong, but players, especially linebackers are taught to finish plays and often don’t have time to stop and think before they act. Things happen in an instant.
    It’s easy for us to analyze and judge now after the fact, but football is a high contact sport.....this stuff happens.
    A 10 game suspension would have been over kill, NFL got it right with a 2 gamer.

Also keep in mind that Trevathan apologized for his actions when he was interviewed after the game. He reached out to Adams and said that the important thing was that Davante was okay. So the Bear player regretted his actions knowing full well that he’d done the wrong thing on the field. Surely the NFL took his post game comments in to consideration.

I would have said the EXACT SAME THING if I knew a suspension wss coming.

I think 4 games would have been the right call. Often appeals happen and the term gets cut in half. It would not surprise me if Danny plays his cards right and this ends up at 1 game
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post

Trevathan was also defending the hit after the game, so while I am glad he responded to Adams after the game, he still was trying to sell the play as legit. He might have changed his tune later, I did not watch the Chicago press much.

So 2 games is a good marker here. Its almost un-Goodell like. Sane and purposeful, carrying a message to the right party.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i think 3 or 4 should have been more appropriate
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    i think 3 or 4 should have been more appropriate
    If it gets knocked down to 1 after appeal, then I am far less pleased. But I think 2 helps here. No one wants to lose two game checks and have suspended on their resume.

Unfortunately this suspension helps a division rival next week. Imo if it is the first game in a division the suspension should apply to the next Head to head match

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Trevathan was also defending the hit after the game, so while I am glad he responded to Adams after the game, he still was trying to sell the play as legit. He might have changed his tune later, I did not watch the Chicago press much.

So 2 games is a good marker here. Its almost un-Goodell like. Sane and purposeful, carrying a message to the right party.
    Then Trevathan doesn't know the rule book. It is illegal to lead with the crown of the helmet while making a "tackle" so there is no way that hit is legal no matter where the hit lands because this action is just as dangerous to him as it is to the player he is going after.

Maybe not, but that has not stopped anyone before. A 2 game suspension will help.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ams/714605001/

“I regret,” Trevathan said, “just the level I hit him at. I could’ve been a little bit better, but you’ve got to understand I was in a momentum, and I was trying to make a play. Nothing intentional. It happens in this game.

“Hopefully, they see that. It wasn’t intentional, just trying to make a play.”

Trevathan's argument isn't very convincing. There was nothing unique about that play except for what he did. If it was just the result of a player "Trying to make a play" we'd see hits like that all the time. Fortunately, we don't.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

2 sounds right to me

I'm OK with the suspension. If it had been 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks, whatever I would say the same thing. Anything more than 1 game was acceptable for me.

While I agree, these types of hits need to be done away with, after watching the tape lots of times, I don't think he "planned" to hit his helmet/head. I think he went in thinking Adams was still standing and would put his head in his chest, but Adams dropped down connecting it to his head. That being said, Treyvathan still lowers the crown of his head, which is illegal (yet still not enforced in the NFL although it is "emphasized").
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

I'm good with two games.

They better not reduce this. Two games is on the low side for what this deserved. The NFL should know its future will depend on getting rid of hits like this. I know it's a new emphasis in a violent game, but it has to go fast.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Unfortunately this suspension helps a division rival next week. Imo if it is the first game in a division the suspension should apply to the next Head to head match
    I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I'm good with two games.
    OK screw it then .Now .... I know we are raising our Canadian Kids right !

.............................. CANUCK TUFF ! ......................