Thread: Trevathan Suspended Two Weeks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trevathan didn’t intentionally go out to hurt Adams.
    Yes he lead with the helmet to Adams’ neck and helmet area which was wrong, but players, especially linebackers are taught to finish plays and often don’t have time to stop and think before they act. Things happen in an instant.
    It’s easy for us to analyze and judge now after the fact, but football is a high contact sport.....this stuff happens.
    A 10 game suspension would have been over kill, NFL got it right with a 2 gamer.

Also keep in mind that Trevathan apologized for his actions when he was interviewed after the game. He reached out to Adams and said that the important thing was that Davante was okay. So the Bear player regretted his actions knowing full well that he’d done the wrong thing on the field. Surely the NFL took his post game comments in to consideration.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 10-01-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Trevathan didn’t intentionally go out to hurt Adams.
    Yes he lead with the helmet to Adams’ neck and helmet area which was wrong, but players, especially linebackers are taught to finish plays and often don’t have time to stop and think before they act. Things happen in an instant.
    It’s easy for us to analyze and judge now after the fact, but football is a high contact sport.....this stuff happens.
    A 10 game suspension would have been over kill, NFL got it right with a 2 gamer.

Also keep in mind that Trevathan apologized for his actions when he was interviewed after the game. He reached out to Adams and said that the important thing was that Davante was okay. So the Bear player regretted his actions knowing full well that he’d done the wrong thing on the field. Surely the NFL took his post game comments in to consideration.

I would have said the EXACT SAME THING if I knew a suspension wss coming.

I think 4 games would have been the right call. Often appeals happen and the term gets cut in half. It would not surprise me if Danny plays his cards right and this ends up at 1 game
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    [/B]

I would have said the EXACT SAME THING if I knew a suspension wss coming.

I think 4 games would have been the right call. Often appeals happen and the term gets cut in half. It would not surprise me if Danny plays his cards right and this ends up at 1 game

THAT PHONY ASS APOLOGY HELPED MAKE MY PREDICTION COME TRUE
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post

Trevathan was also defending the hit after the game, so while I am glad he responded to Adams after the game, he still was trying to sell the play as legit. He might have changed his tune later, I did not watch the Chicago press much.

So 2 games is a good marker here. Its almost un-Goodell like. Sane and purposeful, carrying a message to the right party.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Trevathan was also defending the hit after the game, so while I am glad he responded to Adams after the game, he still was trying to sell the play as legit. He might have changed his tune later, I did not watch the Chicago press much.

So 2 games is a good marker here. Its almost un-Goodell like. Sane and purposeful, carrying a message to the right party.
    Then Trevathan doesn't know the rule book. It is illegal to lead with the crown of the helmet while making a "tackle" so there is no way that hit is legal no matter where the hit lands because this action is just as dangerous to him as it is to the player he is going after.