Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trevathan Suspended Two Weeks

Should have been an ejection and a one-game suspension. They failed to make the ejection, so the two-game suspension is appropriate.

Make no mistake, Trevathan willfully and purposely attempted to injure Adams. This is not to say he meant to hit Adams in the head. I think he was trying to take a shot into Adams' ribs with a helmet spear after the play was essentially over, if not technically over. Adams was in no position to defend himself from the oncoming wrath. This type of punisher/enforcer blow would pretty much go unnoticed by everyone in the viewing audience, except Adams' head dipped sharply as his legs went out from him right before Trevathan connected.

The league can do 2-game suspensions this season, 4-gamers next year and then go up to 8 the year after that. An 8-game suspension for this kind of blow is what needs to happen to keep this kind of hit from occurring in the league.

One week.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    Appeals officer Derrick Brooks, jointly appointed by NFL & NFLPA, has reduced suspension of Danny Trevathan from 2 games to 1 game
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    One week.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    Appeals officer Derrick Brooks, jointly appointed by NFL & NFLPA, has reduced suspension of Danny Trevathan from 2 games to 1 game
    Of course. If the NFL really wanted two games, the initial suspension would have been four games. No surprise.

he's the one who broke Ty's ribs too. dude leads with his helmet all the time. 2 game suspension should have stood even though he's a first time offender.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    One week.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Wouldja believe one series and a commercial break?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Of course. If the NFL really wanted two games, the initial suspension would have been four games. No surprise.
    WINNER WINNER WINNER

Most figured this would get reduced. That is why 2 games to start was ludicrous
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Fucking dumb. Lying pieces of shit. They don't care about saftey.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    [/B]

I would have said the EXACT SAME THING if I knew a suspension wss coming.

I think 4 games would have been the right call. Often appeals happen and the term gets cut in half. It would not surprise me if Danny plays his cards right and this ends up at 1 game

THAT PHONY ASS APOLOGY HELPED MAKE MY PREDICTION COME TRUE
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

John Fox should be suspended a game or two for sending him back out on the next play.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Wouldja believe one series and a commercial break?
    lol

Interesting reading the media lately.

They showed the single play to various players to see if there was 'intent'

Did they show the context? A game out of reach, chippy to that point, on a long/irrelevant 3rd down, and a player celebrating after?

This is the sort of CRAP by the NFL that will turn fans away from the NFL game.

I am disgusted by this 'slap on the wrist' 1 game Suspension Final Ruling.

The NFL had a perfect opportunity to back itself up and 'the TRUTH of a stance for Player Safety' and this ugly Danny Trevathan 'leading with the helmet hit ' and simply blew it.

Obviously the NFL doesn't care all that much for Player Safety. This is about Football not Cage Fighting, NFL Head Office.

I hope the Green Bay Packers have a harsh response, that this penalty (only 1 game) was clearly unsatisfactory.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-06-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This is the sort of CRAP by the NFL that will turn fans away from the NFL game.

I am disgusted by this 'slap on the wrist' 1 game Suspension Final Ruling.

The NFL had a perfect opportunity to back itself and Player Safety and this ugly incident and simply blew it.

I hope the Green Bay Packers have a harsh response that this penalty (only 1 game) was clearly unsatisfactory.

I dunno. A suspension is a big deal, even one game. The hit looked all ugly and that, and they did send a message.

If you look at how guys get injured, the tackle 'technique' by Travathan - lowering his head and leading with the crown - can result in a spinal cord injury. I think the NFL has to do something about teaching a different tackling technique, or they're gonna be playing flag football sooner than later.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Another Point of view:

https://www.fanragsports.com/jon-gru...de-great-play/

Jon Gruden thinks Danny Trevathan made great play

By: Alex Kolodziej
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Another Point of view:

https://www.fanragsports.com/jon-gru...de-great-play/

Jon Gruden thinks Danny Trevathan made great play

By: Alex Kolodziej
    Gruden is a moron and has always been one. The fact he believes Trevathan made a great play is idiotic but not shocking.

I never understand why people like him as a color commentator. He's horse shit...