Thread: Yearly Reminder That McCarthy Can Coach 2017

Yearly Reminder That McCarthy Can Coach 2017

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky Sep 29
    Per source: Randall did not leave Lambeau during the game. Waited in locker room for game to end.

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky
    Mike McCarthy sticks by Damarious Randall after kicking him off sideline

https://t.co/vuiHOJlTXa

His players do what he asks and they don't bail on him. He's pretty good at balancing taskmaster and being player friendly. Part of that is his public persona of not criticizing players (certainly not individuals) in public.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Called it!

from above Demo article:

Cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt recently moved from the coaches' box to the sideline, and Whitt has the authority to make personnel changes, defensive coordinator Dom Capers said recently.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I would think the players appreciate not getting tossed under the bus by McCarthy.

Now we'll see whether Randall learns from this or not. Though by the defiant way he seemed to respond to reporters' questions, it would appear he has yet to sample the humble pie that was readily available.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I would think the players appreciate not getting tossed under the bus by McCarthy.

Now we'll see whether Randall learns from this or not. Though by the defiant way he seemed to respond to reporters' questions, it would appear he has yet to sample the humble pie that was readily available.
    Defiant, yes. But I thought he was attempting (albeit clumsily) to mimic McCarthy and keep it internal.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Defiant, yes. But I thought he was attempting (albeit clumsily) to mimic McCarthy and keep it internal.
    I am starting to have my doubts about him though. That entire interview seems petulant. I wonder if there is video.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am starting to have my doubts about him though. That entire interview seems petulant. I wonder if there is video.
    It read that way to me, too. He needs some PR lessons.

"It's an internal matter, but I just want my coaches, my teammates, and Packer fans to know I am working as hard as I can to learn and grow from this experience and become the best player I can be. You motherfuckers. Thank you."

We do want our corners to have SOME attitude, after all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Just my personal take, but Damarious is struggling to adapt to Green Bay and the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Just my personal take, but Damarious is struggling to adapt to Green Bay and the Packers.
    WHAT, he's not "Packer people"? Run him out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Now if Letroy Guion, who was real Packer People, were still on the team, he could just call his daddy up and have him deliver some premium pot to Green Bay, then sit Damarius down and smoke up with him, and school him on the intricacies of how to roll with the punches in Green Bay.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I don't know if he isn't "Packer people" or if he is just not sharp enough to play defense in the NFL...

His problem might be between the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Now if Letroy Guion, who was real Packer People, were still on the team, he could just call his daddy up and have him deliver some premium pot to Green Bay, then sit Damarius down and smoke up with him, and school him on the intricacies of how to roll with the punches in Green Bay.
    Everyone seemed to love LeTroy, who was just too much of a goof to allow his success to continue.

For Randall, everyone seemed to love Gunter more.

Everyone seemed to love LeTroy, who was just too much of a goof to allow his success to continue.

For Randall, everyone seemed to love Gunter more.
    And since we can't transmogrify Randall's physical gifts onto Gunter, then we ought to at least get the guru of goof try to get some of Gunter's personality to rub off on Randall.

I say they make Guion a roving life coach, and arm him with some baggies of weed for medicinal purposes. I'd say even the great Aaron Rodgers could use a few tokes from time to time. He gets a little intense, even snippy, sometimes.

KYPack

yup. my thoughts too. he's got a year left on his contract. if he becomes a cancer he won't last to see the end of it.

Damarious Randall needs to grow up really fast.

He needs to get his job done and cover Receivers or be prepared to do something other than play NFL football.

He needs to take personal responsibility when he is beaten. Damarious Randall's job is to cover an offensive threat; simply focus and deliver on his assignment and stop with the silly excuses.

He's not paid very well to be 'a distraction' with any special privilege.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Damarious Randall needs to grow up really fast.
    I agree. Watching several games going back, it's astonishing how almost every time he gives up a play, he turns and gestures to the refs, his teammates or the sidelines. I suspect he sees the fault lies 'elsewhere'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck