Thread: Sure, Blame Grandma for the Broadcasts Chris

Sure, Blame Grandma for the Broadcasts Chris

“We gear our broadcast toward Grandma,” said Collinsworth, whose “Sunday Night Football” games typically draw football’s largest audience. “If Grandma is on the couch watching, we don’t want her to leave. We want to be as inclusive as possible.”
    Actually, it was kind of Collingworth to provide that quote for the story as it describes exactly why all NFL broadcasts can be so bland.

The story is actually about Romo, but almost everything you need is in that quote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/01/s...T.nav=top-news

The quotes from fans are hysterical. And correct.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shut up Brent!

“Listen, Tony, O.K.,” Musburger said recently on his radio show. “Tony, get off it, O.K. First of all, you’re intruding on your play-by-play man Jim Nantz. We like to watch the game, O.K.? Here’s a memo to all of you people, ‘Oh, this is great.’ Nuh-uh.”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Musburger can suck it. The game has passed him by. He does the same shtick week in and week out for the last 30 years. He's predictable and boring.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Whoa Nellie, we've got a couple of broadcasters who reeeealllly don't like new talented guys very much!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Brent sounds jealous

Chris hasn't met my 4'10" italian grandma...She swears more at "her packers" than anything else in life. I am scared to watch packer games with my grandma.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

We'll never forget you Brett.

Doesn't Brent have some Milf he needs to spank it to?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Actually, it was kind of Collingworth to provide that quote for the story as it describes exactly why all NFL broadcasts can be so bland.

The story is actually about Romo, but almost everything you need is in that quote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/01/s...T.nav=top-news

The quotes from fans are hysterical. And correct.
    Excuse me Brent Musburger but Tony Romo is like the Top Professor of 'the Media and all things NFL Football'.

Tony Romo will hopefully revolutionize 'REAL Color' and Pro Sports Media and Broadcasting.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Chris hasn't met my 4'10" italian grandma...She swears more at "her packers" than anything else in life. I am scared to watch packer games with my grandma.
    Yup, I was at my wife's 85 year old aunt's house for a Packers/Bears game and ARod threw an INT. While the Bear player was returning the ball she screamed, "Break his fucking leg."

I looked at my wife and said there is nothing I can do during a Packer game that will compare to that.

I still give her aunt crap about that every time we meet.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

A lot of these guys need to retire, that's what's wrong with football now. Just give us an unbiased knowledgeable guy who isn't boring (romo)

Forget the old lady shit, and the comedy shit that fox tries to do. Get rid of the idiots like Heiden who love everything about everyone

My fear is that Brent knows more than he is letting on here (or that the choice of quotes let on).

Broadcasters have neutralized new guys since the beginning of time. Broadcast TV depends on it because it wants the marginal viewer, it knows the die hards are already here listening to the radio broadcast.

So I bet they try to restrain him. And soon. I doubt it survives next year. Though he does have some pull, they put him on the #1 group for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    My fear is that Brent knows more than he is letting on here (or that the choice of quotes let on).

Broadcasters have neutralized new guys since the beginning of time. Broadcast TV depends on it because it wants the marginal viewer, it knows the die hards are already here listening to the radio broadcast.

So I bet they try to restrain him. And soon. I doubt it survives next year. Though he does have some pull, they put him on the #1 group for a reason.
    We do live in 'the Upside Down Times'; when good is not perceived as really good and bad is really misconceived as good.

It's backwards Blind Madness ... NUTS !

** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Doesn't Brent have some Milf he needs to spank it to?
    He can at least think about Katherine Webb...

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

i like romo's color of the the game a lot. entertaining, informative, enthusiastic.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    He can at least think about Katherine Webb...

I would certainly enjoy performing this Webb search repeatedly and with great enthusiasm.

"Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
    I would certainly enjoy performing this Webb search repeatedly and with great enthusiasm.

Yea ....she looks pretty good but it's another thing in profile !

Lohloolalalah errr look at that !