Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cowboys Week 2017

Official Cowboys Week 2017

Chris Roth‏ @rothchris 23m23 minutes ago
    @TyMontgomery2 on his "ClubhouseLive" show says he has multiple broken ribs, but is feeling better, can laugh & sleep now

@TyMontgomery2 aslo said wants to play in Dallas but has to weigh risk of damage to internal organs. #Packers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packers lead all time series 18-17. 14-13 in regular season. 4-4 in the playoffs. Packers have won 6 of the last 7. Only loss was last year at Dallas. Packers lost 30-16.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers lead all time series 18-17. 14-13 in regular season. 4-4 in the playoffs. Packers have won 6 of the last 7. Only loss was last year at Dallas. Packers lost 30-16.
    the loss was at Green Bay

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chris Roth‏ @rothchris 23m23 minutes ago
    @TyMontgomery2 on his "ClubhouseLive" show says he has multiple broken ribs, but is feeling better, can laugh & sleep now

@TyMontgomery2 aslo said wants to play in Dallas but has to weigh risk of damage to internal organs. #Packers
    I can't imagine they let Montgomery play this week (he might be out for multiple weeks). It will be up to Jones, Ripkowski, and Mays to get the job done. Cobb will also get a few carries.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 10-03-2017 at 08:51 AM.

He's listed as day to day, and a lot of players play with rib injuries - they can wrap it and protect it pretty well. Just the same, we would be fine with Jones, Mays, and maybe a little bit of Ripkowski. With the Cowboys' weak secondary, we will be doing a lot of passing anyway.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL 23m23 minutes ago
    More
    Packer working out former Colts offensive tackle Andrew Wylie today, according to a source
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL 23m23 minutes ago
    More
    Packer working out former Colts offensive tackle Andrew Wylie today, according to a source
    Not a great sign, as it means that the starters are likely out for a while longer and the other tackles on the roster aren't viable options.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

At least one of them out. If I had to guess who will take longer to return I would say Bulaga.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    At least one of them out. If I had to guess who will take longer to return I would say Bulaga.
    i tend to agree although i hope he makes it, is effective, and finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Not a great sign, as it means that the starters are likely out for a while longer and the other tackles on the roster aren't viable options.
    There are no other tackles on the roster that are healthy. Just guards that fake it.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Jones will run for 100 yards and 2 TDs this week. Our defense will get run over and we lose to the Cowboys.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Jones will run for 100 yards and 2 TDs this week. Our defense will get run over and we lose to the Cowboys.
    I just don't believe that the Cowboys will run all over the Packers D. I think the run D has been pretty good this season.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I just don't believe that the Cowboys will run all over the Packers D. I think the run D has been pretty good this season.
    If Dez can't get it done, the Pack can focus on the run.

Dez has fewer yards than Devante (and slightly more than Jordy), but he has fewer catches than Cobb, Jordy, Devante, and Marty B. And he's been targeted 4th most in the league.

If the Pack can shut him down with King and Burnett can take Witten, I think the Packers win. They're one dimensional otherwise.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Opening Vegas line is Dallas -2.

Anybody hear any rumblings regarding Montravious Adams? I can't seem to cipher any meaningful info from various websites.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Anybody hear any rumblings regarding Montravious Adams? I can't seem to cipher any meaningful info from various websites.
    What have you heard? All I've seen is that he's practicing and his health is (relatively) back injury-wise. I assume he was still catching up and that's why he wasn't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I see what you"re doing. You've taken my mantle from last year.

Run with it, tho it is a heavy burden.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 3h3 hours ago
    Montgomery says he was hurt on first play. Trevathan's knee was nail; DL falling on him was hammer. Also broke ribs in title game he said.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 3h3 hours ago
    So he got four more carries vs Chicago. Can't imagine what that was like.

I am not expecting to see him if there is an actual chance of internal organ damage.

In other news, if you watch Monty run, he often makes contact heads up, not crouched down. So I bet his torso takes more hits compared to RBs who are crouched. Its a very upright style and he doesn't lead with his head.

Not much mentioned here about the Cowboys' weak pass defense. Their DBs are worse than ours. In addition to that, I've observed that Dak Prescott doesn't seem to have quite the accuracy he had last year, and he gets a lot worse when rushed. Last season, he was damn near the second coming of Aaron Rodgers. This year, he has been pretty ordinary. Also, their world-beater O Line has been way below last year's standard. They seemed to snap back the first half last week, but reverted to bad in the second half.

I expect a big Packer win, with our without Montgomery. I think he will play some but Jones will get more carries than Williams ever got (and he will show that he deserves them).
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    What have you heard? All I've seen is that he's practicing and his health is (relatively) back injury-wise. I assume he was still catching up and that's why he wasn't playing.
    Haven't heard zip. He's not listed on any injury report, vis a vis "did not participate", "limited participation", etc. He is still listed on the active roster.