Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Cowboys Week 2017

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I watch the Cowboys every week, and it seems like Dez sulks or dogs it if he doesn't get the ball thrown his way early or often. Consequently, it seems like the Cowboys force it in to him sometimes when they would be better off running or throwing it elsewhere.

Gunter, who was maligned by so many in here, covered him well. It will be a damn shame if King or whoever is on him this week can't do at least as well.
    I maligned him, all righty.

The guy couldn't run, no speed.

The Packers did worse than malign him, they cut him bc of it.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Gunter, who was maligned by so many in here, covered him well.
    that's not what I saw
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Dez has 9 receptions on 12 targets for 132 yards and 2 TDs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Gunter was thrown at 10 times with 6 receptions, two TDs, one PI and about 90 yards yeilded. He was competitive on some snaps and all Bryant's yards weren't against him, but overall Gunter was pretty marginal.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Gunter was thrown at 10 times with 6 receptions, two TDs, one PI and about 90 yards yeilded. He was competitive on some snaps and all Bryant's yards weren't against him, but overall Gunter was pretty marginal.
    Did you just rewatch the game?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Did you just rewatch the game?
    scanned through it, yep.

Adams was held on a critical third down. Wonder how much home cookin' will be going on... League needs Dallas to win a game.

Is Sean Lee really out? That guy is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I maligned him, all righty.

The guy couldn't run, no speed.

The Packers did worse than malign him, they cut him bc of it.
    And now he isn't doing much in Carolina. He's been inactive for half of their games so far.

Blog Entries
    You really can't have a player like Gunter in your coverages. He couldn't cover flys, 9's, go routes, streaks, whatever you want to call them. He didn't have the straight line speed to cover a deep route. So you had to have help in the various forms to keep that back door closed. When you do that, you leave openings that a team like Dallas can take advantage of. The fact that Prescott is pretty green probably saved our bacon in that game.

Tex, sometimes you have to take off them G&G goggles and look at our players for what they are, not what you hope them to be.

40 targets, 16 receptions, 212 yards, 2 tds
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../receiving.htm

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    40 targets, 16 receptions, 212 yards, 2 tds
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../receiving.htm
    That was supposed to read "Dez had" as in he had those numbers versus Pack in playoffs.

You really can't have a player like Gunter in your coverages. He couldn't cover flys, 9's, go routes, streaks, whatever you want to call them. He didn't have the straight line speed to cover a deep route. So you had to have help in the various forms to keep that back door closed. When you do that, you leave openings that a team like Dallas can take advantage of. The fact that Prescott is pretty green probably saved our bacon in that game.

Tex, sometimes you have to take off them G&G goggles and look at our players for what they are, not what you hope them to be.
    If you do that, and replace them with beer goggles, you'll find that Bretsky's Green Bay bikini gals look magnificent. Even better than LaDarius Gunter
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

That was supposed to read "Dez had" as in he had those numbers versus Pack in playoffs.
    oops. my bad.

Isn't word supposed to come down regarding Elliott at any time?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post

Jayrone was cut at the end of training camp. I think somebody picked him up, though I don't recall who.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

You really can't have a player like Gunter in your coverages. He couldn't cover flys, 9's, go routes, streaks, whatever you want to call them.
    I just had a flashback to backyard football. I was a big liability in the secondary. (We had only 2 or 3 on a team, so this was well before era of specialization.) Fortunately the ref was very liberal about contact down field since it was honor system. In fact, you could tackle before the ball got there if you didn't wrap up.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I just had a flashback to backyard football. I was a big liability in the secondary. (We had only 2 or 3 on a team, so this was well before era of specialization.) Fortunately the ref was very liberal about contact down field since it was honor system. In fact, you could tackle before the ball got there if you didn't wrap up.
    Comment of the month!

No sight of Monty today during media availability section of practice, though M3 had said he may do more today at practice.

Adams, Bulaga and Bach were out there.

I'm beginning to think that Devante Adam's isn't human, or perhaps has Adamantium bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    yup. they promised this week.