Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Official Cowboys Week 2017

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=pbmax;942452]Monty doubtful. So who gets the start? Williams, Ripper or Jones?[/o wit

Start Williams, mix in Jonesy and go with the hot hand. Play the Ripper in his spots...Pass pro, short yardage (not that he's real good at that) and run some decent screens with him.

Oh yeah and pray like hell.

Start Jones, mix in Mays and a bit of Ripkowski, let Williams sit on the bench.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Start Jones, mix in Mays and a bit of Ripkowski, let Williams sit on the bench.
    ya. Hopefully we'll be saying "use Monty as a third down back" by end of season.

Blog Entries
    I too liked what Jones brought last week. I do think we'll see Williams flash yet. Of the rooks, I'd say he's the best 3-down back at this point due to his pass protection and receiving skills. As a runner, his aggressive one-cut and hit-the-hole hard style fits the scheme, but he just needs to get better syncing up his clock with the movement and blocking of the line. He'll settle down and start to see/learn which lanes are going to open up and hit the right gaps with better timing. He doesn't have elite speed, but when he does get to the second level he can both make guys miss and make DB's regret having to get in his way.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Adams has cleared concussion protocol, should play versus Cowboys.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ame/743168001/
    I'm amazed. I was really worried about his health long term, and for it to be "just" a concussion and he's expected to play 10 days later.

I didn't see how Monty got hurt. However, the fact that he has cracked ribs may confirm my concern that he was running too high. Gotta protect those ribs with those shoulder pads.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I didn't see how Monty got hurt. However, the fact that he has cracked ribs may confirm my concern that he was running too high. Gotta protect those ribs with those shoulder pads.
    he took a travathian helmet crown to his right side after being kind of stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    he took a travathian helmet crown to his right side after being kind of stood up.
    mailman is an insensitive bastard

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I'm amazed. I was really worried about his health long term, and for it to be "just" a concussion and he's expected to play 10 days later.
    I thought neck problem was just a day away from being diagnosed.

I was already searching for which cervical vertebrae the Packers haven't damaged yet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.