Thread: Week 5 other games thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Trubisky looked good early, but fell apart as the game went on. It doesn't help that Chicago is in a league with Cleveland and the Jets for worst offensive personnel in the league. Once the bootlegs stopped working, they didn't have anything in the passing game.
    I was a little surprised that Fox would throw him out there in his 1st game against a really good defense. With no downfield weapons, there was little chance of success. I don't know what the hurry is.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I was a little surprised that Fox would throw him out there in his 1st game against a really good defense. With no downfield weapons, there was little chance of success. I don't know what the hurry is.
    Exactly. That is a coach and a GM who aren't in control of the situation anymore and are just reacting to stave off criticism.

If he needed to sit for a year and play sparingly, take the hit, draft high, go get a reasonable veteran backup next year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.