Thread: Week 5 other games thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I agree. It also doesn't help missing three FGs.

In some ways, I am stunned Crosby is still here. Normally a down year like that is too costly to live through.
    Crosby had a good track record, and the year after was willing to put his money where his foot is. He agreed to change his contract so that most of the money was performance bonuses, and he could only make what the contract was originally signed for by kicking really well. He did and earned every bonus, which turned into a new, big contract and never looked back.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Crosby had a good track record, and the year after was willing to put his money where his foot is. He agreed to change his contract so that most of the money was performance bonuses, and he could only make what the contract was originally signed for by kicking really well. He did and earned every bonus, which turned into a new, big contract and never looked back.
    He did do those things, but he had to stay the kicker in 2012 to agree to an altered deal.

In a franchise that is winning a bit less, the coach would have thrown a fit to cut the kicker in order to secure his job.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.