Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Week 5 other games thread

Breno Giacomini sighting.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Points to NBC for Tom Petty "Don't Do Me Like That" on the bump.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Points to NBC for Tom Petty "Don't Do Me Like That" on the bump.
    SNL and the Florida Gator game did I Won't Back Down this weekend.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

vince;942566... " Eli Manning's days may be numbered. He's looking old out there.

NFL Red Zone Guy

"It's a lot easier to sack Eli Manning when he falls down like Maggie Simpson as he did right there."

Comment woodbuck27: It got really bad for him today with what seems like a Season ending injury to WR O.Beckham Jr. He suffered a severe leg injury. Checking that but I believe it was a break.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

What the hell happened to JJ Watt??

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What the hell happened to JJ Watt??
    I didn't see what happened, but it's a knee. He couldn't put any pressure on it.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    vince;942566... " Eli Manning's days may be numbered. He's looking old out there.

NFL Red Zone Guy

"It's a lot easier to sack Eli Manning when he falls down like Maggie Simpson as he did right there."

Comment woodbuck27: It got really bad for him today with what seems like a Season ending injury to WR O.Beckham Jr. He suffered a severe leg injury. Checking that but I believe it was a break.
    Here it is:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/other...Giants-NFL-OBJ

New York Giants confirm BROKEN ankle for Odell Beckham Jr in Los Angeles Chargers defeat

ODELL BECKHAM JR has fractured his ankle, the New York Giants have confirmed.

By UCHE AMAKO ... PUBLISHED: 00:16, Mon, Oct 9, 2017 | UPDATED: 00:16, Mon, Oct 9, 2017

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3549577

Odell Beckham suffers fractured ankle in Giants loss to Chargers, may need surgery
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Breno Giacomini sighting.
    Zombo playing in the night game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I didn't see what happened, but it's a knee. He couldn't put any pressure on it.
    See the 1:30 and 1:45 Marks of this Video. It's a serious looking left knee injury to J J Watt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0RWGxnoskE

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Jared Goff looks like he's going to be the real deal.
    Carson Wentz is the real deal. Goff has a good passer rating, but the difficulty of his throws is low. Lots of dinking and dunking. Lots of free receivers off play action because Gurley looks like the player from his rookie year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I am not one to stand on formality. But I do believe in restraint in many cases.

Al Michaels just said Watt's injury and the Dez Bryant one from last year were the same and that Bryant missed 3 games. The team hasn't even done an MRI yet.

In the meantime, this popped up:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
    #Texans JJ Watt, who the team just announced has a tibial plateau fracture, is out for the season, source said. Another year ended on IR.

Everyone wants to know, but don't say more than you can possibly determine.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am not one to stand on formality. But I do believe in restraint in many cases.

Al Michaels just said Watt's injury and the Dez Bryant one from last year were the same and that Bryant missed 3 games. The team hasn't even done an MRI yet.

In the meantime, this popped up:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
    #Texans JJ Watt, who the team just announced has a tibial plateau fracture, is out for the season, source said. Another year ended on IR.

Everyone wants to know, but don't say more than you can possibly determine.
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago
    Texans say they’re uncertain how long JJ Watt will be out with his tibial plateau fracture to his left leg.

As I have been saying all year, Texans are my dork horse super bowl pick. They're young, but they're gonna be good. If not this year, next. JJ getting hurt hurts a lot obviously for this year. DeShaun Watson is gonna be a good one. He just played a perfect pass for the TD.

Going over the Texans history of bad QBs with Bill O'Brien, they were playing "Even The Losers" from Petty under it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago
    Texans say they’re uncertain how long JJ Watt will be out with his tibial plateau fracture to his left leg.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ateau-fracture

J.J. Watt out for season with tibial plateau fracture

By Jeremy Bergman NFL.co ...Published: Oct. 8, 2017 at 08:50 p.m. Updated: Oct. 8, 2017 at 11:09 p.m.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Just some awful injuries today. Hate to see guys go down regardless of team.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

KC WR Tyreek Hill has 'blazing speed'.He is something else.

The Kansas City Chiefs are a seriously good team.

The Chiefs will go to 5-0 and right now lead Houston on the Road 39-20 with 6:22 remaining in the 4th Qtr.

TOP PERFORMERS

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

....Passing .......CP/AT....... YDS........TD........... INT
    A. Smith..........29/37...... 324......... 3.............. 0
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-08-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Watson chucked 5 TD passes in the loss. He is looking pretty damn good so far.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Watson chucked 5 TD passes in the loss. He is looking pretty damn good so far.
    He's changed a team that struggled to score a few FGs into a team that puts up 30s and 50s.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Seems Jay Cutler isn't the only think wrong with the Miami offense:

Miami Dolphins offensive line coach Chris Foerster resigned Monday and said he was seeking medical help after a social media video surfaced appearing to show him snorting three lines of a white powdery substance at a desk.

Hours after the 56-second video was posted on Facebook and Twitter, Foerster announced his resignation in a statement released by the team.

"I am resigning from my position with the Miami Dolphins and accept full responsibility for my actions," he said. "I want to apologize to the organization, and my sole focus is on getting the help that I need, with the support of my family and medical professionals."

It's unclear when or where the video was made, or how it became public. Foerster, 55, has been an NFL assistant since 1992 and joined head coach Adam Gase's staff in Miami last year.

"We were made aware of the video late last night and have no tolerance for this behavior," the team said in a statement that accompanied Foerster's resignation announcement. "After speaking with Chris this morning, he accepted full responsibility and we accepted his resignation effective immediately. Although Chris is no longer with the organization, we will work with him to get the help he needs during this time."

The video appears to show Foerster and the powdery substance on the desk. The man is holding a rolled-up $20 bill in his right hand, and appears to adjust the camera with his left hand.

"Hey babe, miss you, thinking about you," he says. "How about me going to a meeting and doing this before I go?"

He then snorts the substance into his nose though the $20 bill and notes "those big grains falling" as residue lands on the desk.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen