Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: McCarthy's Offense: McAdoo Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The remaining problems are running the ball (the best way to get a team out of Cover 2) and the deep ball.

The O line health status doesn't help there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No, if he had Alex Smith his offense would look very different. It looked different when he had Favre.
    I think Red assumes(he can feel free to correct me):

1. That Stubby has little to do with Rodger's success
    2. That if and when Rodgers is permanently gone the Packers would stand pat with current QBs like Hundley as long term starter.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    McAdoo does have OBJ who is like Jennings on steroids. They target him a bunch even though defenses do everything they can to take him away. Still he gets the rock less than 1/4 of the time.

If Packers have a talent problem NYG have it in spades. The have OBJ and a lot of crap/inexperience. And Manning may be permanently in the shitter (though his numbers are OK so far this year). But he's such a weird duck - he can play like absolute crap for long stretches and then light on fire. Weird group of guys to coach to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    McAdoo does have OBJ who is like Jennings on steroids. They target him a bunch even though defenses do everything they can to take him away. Still he gets the rock less than 1/4 of the time.

If Packers have a talent problem NYG have it in spades. The have OBJ and a lot of crap/inexperience. And Manning may be permanently in the shitter (though his numbers are OK so far this year). But he's such a weird duck - he can play like absolute crap for long stretches and then light on fire. Weird group of guys to coach to be sure.
    And I think in any evaluation, talent is the first thing. You can only be moderately successful without it.

Coach and scheme are #2.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Even deeper into the thicket? The Rodgers offense is alive and well.

Here are two stories about the play call for Cook's catch on 3rd down: http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...-aaron-rodgers

And Wilde's take: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...ed1d3f455.html

Well, Adams sure looked good today, so IDK. I'm still not sold, but he definitely looked good today.