Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 5 @ Dallas

More Banjo: Week 5 @ Dallas

Well, that went exactly as I predicted it. Packers dominated in game that the scoreboard had closer than it looked

Also, the 2 point conversion was a good idea. It was an good idea with the FG operation nominal, it was an excellent idea when the operation was not nominal.

But I need about an hour to work out all the scenarios. As in, do Cowboys attempt 2 pointer if you are within 2 points?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pete Dougherty‏ @PeteDougherty 10m10 minutes ago
    Only injuries Packers announce postgame: King (concussion) and Burnett (hamstring)

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
    Five laterals and three turnovers on the final play. Exciting win, MM says.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
    Jones was outstanding, MM says. As for Adams, felt good about it all week. Practiced all week. Cleared Saturday

Green Bay Packers @packers 25m25 minutes ago
    McCarthy on @AaronRodgers12: I just don't know what else to say about him. I've got to expand my vocabulary. #GBvsDAL

Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless
    Aaron Rodgers: unclutch.
    ~from 2015
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-08-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Best thing about this win is now Dallas thinks we got their number...home and away. If we had lost, that mystique would have been broken.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Wikipedia

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wikipedia

BOMNF
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Rodgers PC

Green Bay Packers @packers 13m13 minutes ago
    Rodgers on @Showtyme_33: He's great. I told him before the game I have zero worries about him back there. His vision was fantastic.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
    Rodgers on team identity: morphine.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
    Rodgers' genius: says first play of drive set up the touchdown a half-dozen plays later.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
    Rodgers on winning TD, says what he said on Fox, Adams told him to do it again.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago
    Better throw and great catch, Rodgers says. Rodgers called the play.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless
    Aaron Rodgers: unclutch.
    ~from 2015
    That tweet aged well .
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Wes Hodkiewicz‏Verified account @WesHod 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Cobb on Adams: It’s the resurrection. He’s back...Speaks to a level of mental toughness to go through that and come out on winning side

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
    Aaron Rodgers said Davante Adams gave him a look to try the same fade after Inc . Rodgers changed formation a little and ran it again for TD

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod 4m4 minutes ago
    Davante Adams said he had a text convo with Danny Trevathan, who apologized. "I wouldn’t say he’s a dirty player at all...just a mistake"
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-08-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn Oct 7
    At http://bobmcginnfootball.com : Four late R1 picks from the '15 draft have been traded in the last 40 days. CB Damarious Randall should be next.

Blog Entries
    Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
    Aaron Rodgers said Davante Adams gave him a look to try the same fade after Inc . Rodgers changed formation a little and ran it again for TD
    How awesome is that? Another unbelievable final drive to drive yet another stake in the heart of the Cowboys. What a performance.

The only way its more awesome is if the look Adams gave to Rodgers said "Send me a decent throw and that's a TD next time!"

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn Oct 7
    At http://bobmcginnfootball.com : Four late R1 picks from the '15 draft have been traded in the last 40 days. CB Damarious Randall should be next.
    He's not wrong. A few good plays does not out do the screw ups he will make. Then again what do I know. I wanted to get rid of Davante Adams...

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying Adams is a true #1, but he played like one when it mattered most. "Gimme the ball Arod."

You gotta be happy for him after being strapped down, carted off and ambulanced to the hospital last week.

Blog Entries
    I may be overly exuberant yet, but that feels like it could be a transformational experience for Adams. He will become known as Big Play Davante.

OK 2 point break down. I was confident the first time I ran through in in GD thread. Less confident when I posted it in Banjo, so let's take it apart.

First things first, the operation as Zook calls the snap and hold were better in second half, but I doubt anyone was oozing confidence in TAYBOR™ and Vogel. So the advantage might have been greater given their performance in this game.

Remember Cowboys are built to mil clock, even with Packer defense coming back in second half, Cowboys drives were long and time consuming.

28-24 after Randall Pick 6. No matter what Cowboys can't get a FG to stay in game.

If you make a 2 pointer, you are up 6. If they score it and go for 1 (30-31), you can win with FG

If you miss 2 PT, you are up 4. If they score and go for 1 (28-31), FG ties it. They could go for 2 to force you to get T, but I doubt it when odds are high of a tie at home.

If you kick the PAT and make it, 29-31 after Cowboy score. Depending on clock, VERY good chance the Boys go for 2. Kicking a PAT for a 2 point lead is no different for 1 point lead.

If you kick the PAT and miss (a definite possibility today at 32 yards), 28-31 after Dallas TD, they will not got for 2 and a FG nets a tie.

Blog Entries
    Rodgers delivered 3 4th Q comebacks in one game. Unclutch indeed.

Oops. One goes to Randall actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    He's not wrong. A few good plays does not out do the screw ups he will make. Then again what do I know. I wanted to get rid of Davante Adams...
    Troy was all confused during the game, but he was right that DR has some growing up to do. But it was during his best sequence of the game that he insisted this, so point may have been lost.

Another thing, Brice can play and so can Hawkins.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I loved the Troy call that Bacteria caused the sack and then the camera pans to Bacteria on the sideline in street clothes. Totally priceless.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Randall is an exasperating guy. Packers will try to be patient with him because at times he does show why he was a 1st round pick.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen