Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 5 @ Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Pete Dougherty‏ @PeteDougherty 10m10 minutes ago
    Only injuries Packers announce postgame: King (concussion) and Burnett (hamstring)
    Any idea why Jordy wasn't in there on the final drive? Had to be an injury or else he would have been on the field. Maybe sick? Something weird about that.

Blog Entries
    OK 2 point break down. I was confident the first time I ran through in in GD thread. Less confident when I posted it in Banjo, so let's take it apart.

First things first, the operation as Zook calls the snap and hold were better in second half, but I doubt anyone was oozing confidence in TAYBOR™ and Vogel. So the advantage might have been greater given their performance in this game.

Remember Cowboys are built to mil clock, even with Packer defense coming back in second half, Cowboys drives were long and time consuming.

28-24 after Randall Pick 6. No matter what Cowboys can't get a FG to stay in game.

If you make a 2 pointer, you are up 6. If they score it and go for 1 (30-31), you can win with FG

If you miss 2 PT, you are up 4. If they score and go for 1 (28-31), FG ties it. They could go for 2 to force you to get T, but I doubt it when odds are high of a tie at home.

If you kick the PAT and make it, 29-31 after Cowboy score. Depending on clock, VERY good chance the Boys go for 2. Kicking a PAT for a 2 point lead is no different for 1 point lead.

If you kick the PAT and miss (a definite possibility today at 32 yards), 28-31 after Dallas TD, they will not got for 2 and a FG nets a tie.
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...or-2-for-real/
    The chart I looked at (link above) says that when up 4, the two options are "The Same" in terms of win probability.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I loved the Troy call that Bacteria caused the sack and then the camera pans to Bacteria on the sideline in street clothes. Totally priceless.
    I was hootin' my ass off at that.

Buck and Ache-man have got to go.

Aikmans bias was unreal today. The way he talks shit about the Pack, Rodgers and M3 turns my stomach. /s

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Aikmans bias was unreal today. The way he talks shit about the Pack, Rodgers and M3 turns my stomach. /s
    I don't hear the bias. Pretty sure he said the penalty on Martinez was a bad call. You're saying he doesn't praise Rodgers? I think he does regularly.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

/s = sarcasm

IMO Aikman holds the Pack in high esteem. At one point he thought there was pass interference on the Pack; he sees the replay and corrects himself and says “Meh, good non-call.”

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Randall is an exasperating guy. Packers will try to be patient with him because at times he does show why he was a 1st round pick.
    t.............

buck

I loved the Troy call that Bacteria caused the sack and then the camera pans to Bacteria on the sideline in street clothes. Totally priceless.
    There is a link to Twitter video of it in one of my game day posts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    /s = sarcasm

IMO Aikman holds the Pack in high esteem. At one point he thought there was pass interference on the Pack; he sees the replay and corrects himself and says “Meh, good non-call.”
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...or-2-for-real/
    The chart I looked at (link above) says that when up 4, the two options are "The Same" in terms of win probability.
    I could see that. The operation on the kicking team probably tilts in in the 2 pointers favor then.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Aikman was convinced that Rodgers was chafing at the limited offense due to new guys.

Maybe there was something to that.

Aikman was convinced that Rodgers was chafing at the limited offense due to new guys.

Maybe there was something to that.
    That one piqued my interest too.

I think he is OK. I think.

Kevin King @King_kevvoo 38m38 minutes ago
    They couldnt keep me seated in the lockeroom�� I was in there goin dumb every play! My boys did they thang! Ill be back thanks for the prayers

They couldnt keep me seated in the lockeroom�� I was in there goin dumb every play! My boys did they thang! Ill be back thanks for the prayers
    He's keen and that's great.

There are not any other Damarious Randall's on the Roster. That guy has to get it right and attitude and get there fast.

That stuff gets you negative attention on the team and too often you end up sitting alone before your let go. .
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

This was so funny. The 5-10 second pause where he didn't know what to say had me LOLing!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    t.............

buck
    If DR turned around like T-Buck that would be OK. T-Buck had a long, productive career with 9 years as a starter. Not #5 pick career, but pretty good. If DR became just a decent defensive back that would be OK. He's gotta get right in the head.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    I remember back in the 90's when the shoe was on the other foot and it was the Cowboys repeatedly crushing the hopes of Packer fans year after year. Michael Irvin could have shoved his victorious antics right up his ass after going up, over and through Packer DB's with regularity. I'd have done it for him.

Man it's great being on the other side of that.

https://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-d...las-1819267539
    The drive was just vintage, untouchable Rodgers, with the Packers legend making breathtaking plays both on the ground and through the air. Other than the touchdown, the key play came on a third-and-eight on the Dallas 30, when Rodgers scrambled for 18 yards past helpless, diving defensive linemen in a dizzying display of ability.
    THIS AARON RODGERS, HE DOES IT IN DALLAS SO MUCH, I CALL HIM DEBBIE.
    I was following the gamecast on my phone, as they dinked and dunked 4 yards at a time, thinking, “yeah, cool, run it into them.”

And then with over a minute to go they get the TD, I’m pretty sure I thought to myself, “welp, there it is, Rodgers is gonna do it again.”

God I fucking hate Rodgers.

Either his typing stinks or his grasp of the English language needs work.

Blog Entries
    Aaron Rodgers leaves the Cowboys cursing again
    “Can I say the F word?” Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving said. “It’s really hard. That guy is awesome at what he does. It takes everybody to stop one guy. It’s tough; it’s tough. He gets out. . . . I don’t know how he does it. It’s extremely hard, and we have to get better at it.

Brent Bosse
    Does forward progress still count if the runner brings the ball back on his own?

Football Zebras
    Yes it counts, but the exception would be if he retreats under his own power to try to attain more yards, like if he got to his feet & run