Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 5 @ Dallas

Blog Entries

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson, after not playing on the last drive, said: "I'm good. We got a little banged up, but we'll be good." When asked if he was OK, he said: "We'll be fine." All coach Mike McCarthy said was that Nelson was "being evaluted" but wouldn't say what for.
    Nelson doesn't come out of the game in that situation because he's "a little banged up". Stay tuned.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Packgator View Post
    Any idea why Jordy wasn't in there on the final drive? Had to be an injury or else he would have been on the field. Maybe sick? Something weird about that.
    During the 2 point try, he got up cringing. Didn't see him after that.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    It's a great day to be a Packer fan!

Last edited by vince; 10-09-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Either his typing stinks or his grasp of the English language needs work.
    English is a vibrant and flexible language.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OK 2 point break down. I was confident the first time I ran through in in GD thread. Less confident when I posted it in Banjo, so let's take it apart.

First things first, the operation as Zook calls the snap and hold were better in second half, but I doubt anyone was oozing confidence in TAYBOR™ and Vogel. So the advantage might have been greater given their performance in this game.

Remember Cowboys are built to mil clock, even with Packer defense coming back in second half, Cowboys drives were long and time consuming.

28-24 after Randall Pick 6. No matter what Cowboys can't get a FG to stay in game.

If you make a 2 pointer, you are up 6. If they score it and go for 1 (30-31), you can win with FG

If you miss 2 PT, you are up 4. If they score and go for 1 (28-31), FG ties it. They could go for 2 to force you to get T, but I doubt it when odds are high of a tie at home.

If you kick the PAT and make it, 29-31 after Cowboy score. Depending on clock, VERY good chance the Boys go for 2. Kicking a PAT for a 2 point lead is no different for 1 point lead.

If you kick the PAT and miss (a definite possibility today at 32 yards), 28-31 after Dallas TD, they will not got for 2 and a FG nets a tie.
    I'm not following the reasoning behind going for 2. Kick the XP and go up 29-24. If Dallas scores the TD, they will go for 2 to make it 29-32. If they fail, a FG wins the game for us. Even if they convert, a FG ties the game. Does it basically boil down to MM felt better about the offense's ability to convert a 2 PT try then he did the defense's ability to stop a 2 pt try?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I'm not following the reasoning behind going for 2. Kick the XP and go up 29-24. If Dallas scores the TD, they will go for 2 to make it 29-32. If they fail, a FG wins the game for us. Even if they convert, a FG ties the game. Does it basically boil down to MM felt better about the offense's ability to convert a 2 PT try then he did the defense's ability to stop a 2 pt try?
    I think the PAT operation being problematic was definitely a factor.

The website someone found (538 I think) had it as even money for a typical scenario (which doesn't take into account the poor performance).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Right - and 538 didn't take into account Nelson's injury-altered jump either - if he was injured and if it did affect his jump and if the ball still wasn't overthrown.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    There was 10 minutes left in the game. Plenty of time for Dallas to potentially get the ball back twice. If you kick the xtra point to go up 5, Dallas doesn't even need a TD to win. They can beat you with 2 FG's.

From Oates column in the WiSJ: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...ign=user-share

“I was going to call another play,” Rodgers said, “but Tae came back and said, ‘Call it again.’ With his eyes, he just said, ‘Throw a better ball.’ ... Just put a better throw on it and he made a great catch.”
    This can obviously be taken to extremes, but this is one way a good team gets better, challenging everyone to elevate their level of play.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    There was 10 minutes left in the game. Plenty of time for Dallas to potentially get the ball back twice. If you kick the xtra point to go up 5, Dallas doesn't even need a TD to win. They can beat you with 2 FG's.
    good point
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I am admittedly not a Devante Adam's fan, but that fact aside, it is cool watching that relationship develop. I remember back in 2014 it seemed to take them a long time to get it going and become comfortable with eachother. Now it seems that Te is the number one option for ARod and that they're pretty comfortable with each other.

Adams is the hero, and Mad is nowhere to be found. WTF?

Rodgers is developing the kind of rapport with Adams that Derek Carr had with him at Fresno St. When Carr really needed a play, he would throw it up and let Adams go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I am admittedly not a Devante Adam's fan, but that fact aside, it is cool watching that relationship develop. I remember back in 2014 it seemed to take them a long time to get it going and become comfortable with eachother. Now it seems that Te is the number one option for ARod and that they're pretty comfortable with each other.
    Do yourself a favor and climb aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I am admittedly not a Devante Adam's fan
    how is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    During the 2 point try, he got up cringing. Didn't see him after that.
    nobody is saying. mike silver reported a hammy but he's retracted that since. he stretched out for that ball. i'll bet a hammy or oblique or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    how is that possible?
    Seriously! How can you not love Adams? Dudes is the only one we have who knows how to shake a defender

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    how is that possible?
    Eh I am not high on him. I perceive him not to get a lot of separation, but I am happy to be wrong. He sured seemed to yesterday. He seems like a step below Nelson and Jennings before they got their second deals. I guess I just don't see a #1 receiver there. Again, hope I'm wrong and happy to be wrong as well. I am wrong a lot in life so fingers crossed.

I was against Adams before I was for him. Like everybody he throws to, Aaron Rodgers makes him a lot better than what he would be otherwise.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I was against Adams before I was for him. Like everybody he throws to, Aaron Rodgers makes him a lot better than what he would be otherwise.
    Just like our O line makes our RB's look better than they would be otherwise.