Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 5 @ Dallas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Just like our O line makes our RB's look better than they would be otherwise.
    Eddie Lacy is averaging 3.0 YPC with Seattle. He never averaged less than 4.1 with the Packers. Even when he was overweight.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Our Oline does NO RB favors.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Apparently they did Eddie Lacy more favors than Seattle's line does for him. I think he had nine carries and nineteen yards yesterday.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Fire John Schneider!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Jordy Nelson Injury Mystery continues.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...l-drive-injury

Apparently we can rule out a hamstring or concussion.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

I heard he punched a coach.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I heard he punched a coach.
    I heard Whitt ordered him to go home.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Great video of Jones setting up a Bulaga block for the TD.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 4h4 hours ago
    McCarthy: "I thought the 2-minute drill was exceptional. ... Aaron's selection from the menu was excellent." #Packers

DO YOU THINK THE PLAY CHART IS DIVIDED INTO COLUMNS AND YOU GET ONE FROM EACH?

McCarthy said there are two types of 2-point plays: ones that follow percentages and ones that are strategic. Yesterday was the latter.

OPERATION ERRATIC. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ACHIEVING OBJECTIVE ADVISABLE

McCarthy said Damarious Randall definitely made improvement since last week. He doesn't think the intention was there for the penalty.

McCarthy said he didn't agree with the call on Blake Martinez for unnecessary roughness. "I didn't see that as a penalty." #Packers

McCarthy said #Packers WR Jordy Nelson wasn't available for the final drive because he was hurt. Wouldn't say what the injury is.

Dom Capers said he was really pleased with Clay Matthews playing a few yards off the line, almost like a 4-3 linebacker. Good in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Someone said he landed 'funny' on that failed 2 pointer. Perhaps he tweaked that knee again?

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar 7h7 hours ago
    Sunday was the first time that Aaron Rodgers threw a game-winning TD pass that wasn't a Hail Mary in a final 2:00 drive.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 4h4 hours ago
    Capers on Rodgers: If you're a DC, you want the offense to run every second off the clock to not give him a chance.

Pass rush was intended to keep Prescott in the pocket more than to pressure him, Capers says. Hence, the lack of pressure.

Zook on missed PATs. New operation hasn't had enough time to work. "Ball's got to come back consistent."

OPERATION NOT NOMINAL. PROJECTILE TRAJECTORY NOT OPTIMAL NOR CONSISTENT.

"We'll get it fixed," Zook says of the snapper/holder/kicker operation.

WELL THOSE WORDS ARE NOT REASSURING

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar 7h7 hours ago
    Sunday was the first time that Aaron Rodgers threw a game-winning TD pass that wasn't a Hail Mary in a final 2:00 drive.
    Fake news.

2009 week 1 vs. Chicago, 50 yard TD to Jennings with 1:11 left
    2012 week 10 at Detroit, 22 yard TD to Cobb with 1:55 left
    2013 week 17 at Chicago, 48 yard TD to Cobb with 0:38 left
    2014 week 6 at Miami, 4 yard TD to Quarless with 0:03 left

Jordy Nelson also had an 80 yard TD with 2:08 left against the Jets in 2014, but that technically doesn't count.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Fake news.

2009 week 1 vs. Chicago, 50 yard TD to Jennings with 1:11 left
    2012 week 10 at Detroit, 22 yard TD to Cobb with 1:55 left
    2013 week 17 at Chicago, 48 yard TD to Cobb with 0:38 left
    2014 week 6 at Miami, 4 yard TD to Quarless with 0:03 left

Jordy Nelson also had an 80 yard TD with 2:08 left against the Jets in 2014, but that technically doesn't count.
    The 48 and 50 yarder might qualify for Hail Mary depending on the route. But the others are interesting.

Wait, was the 48 yarder to Cobb the play where Kuhn barely blocked Peppers and Cobb's man fell down?
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-10-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    High praise for Rodgers from a guy who don't like Green Bay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    High praise for Rodgers from a guy who don't like Green Bay.
    CC knows his football. He is from Dayton and can be a total butthole, but I listen to his football takes all the time.

That is great stuff from him, a man who made a science of catching footballs.

Rogers is the best at tossing a great pass with the exact spin, trajectory, and pace.

It'd be a riot to talk football with CC, but you stand a great chance getting your head bit off if you approach him in public.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I have talked to CC a bunch of times in the 90s. His brother Butch was an assistant coach for the Bucks and a member at our country club. He was always nice to me and great to talk to.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Ah, Twitter already had at him for this.

Kacsmar isn't claiming he hasn't thrown a TD to win with under 2 minutes to go (eg. Cobb v. Bears). He is saying completing a drive for a win with a TD throw with less than 2:00 minutes remaining for the entire drive. A much rarer event.

Scott Kacsmar‏ @FO_ScottKacsmar 17h17 hours ago
    23 GW TD passes in a final 2:00 drive since 2011:
    Eli - 3
    Rodgers - 2
    Luck - 2
    Stafford - 2 (3rd game w/TD run)
    Brady - 2

Scott Kacsmar‏ @FO_ScottKacsmar 17h17 hours ago
    Guys with 1 each:
    Ben
    Flacco
    ALEX
    Orlovsky (#NeverForget)
    Gabbert (ditto)
    Palmer
    Cam
    Glennon
    Rivers
    Wilson (Fail Mary)
    Romo
    EJ Manuel

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Orlovsky (#NeverForget)
    Gabbert (ditto)
    I forgot. What I do know is that Orlovsky started 12 games - 7 for the 0-16 2008 Lions and 5 for the 2-14 2011 Colts. he was under center for the Colts two wins, one which, against the Texans probably is his under 2:00 drive.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The play to beat the Dolphins definitely qualifies and neither the Jennings nor Cobb passes were hail mary's

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    The play to beat the Dolphins definitely qualifies and neither the Jennings nor Cobb passes were hail mary's
    Drive had to start with less than 2:00 to qualify. Its not a list of game winning TD passes under 2:00.

Its a short list.