Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Cowboys

Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Cowboys

Studs

Aaron Rodgers - Running out of words to describe this guy. Think he's pretty good though.

Aaron Jones - Quick and decisive. Outplayed Elliott.

Marty Bennett - Looked like the guy we've been looking for.

Davante Adams - 7 catches and 2 TD's.

Damarious Randall - I know he had a bad 1st half. But in the 2nd half he scored 1 TD and prevented another one.

Mike Fatty Tub Of Lard - Dude can coach. And he's at his best when the Packers probably shouldn't win.

Duds

Place Kick Unit - Whoever is at fault, figure that shit out.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Aaron Fucking Jones. Monty is a backup now.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

For the record, I have always thought M3 was a fantastic coach despite the fact that he can be loyal to a fault to both people and plans. Not enough credence is given to his EQ. I think he is much better at strategy and management than his frustrating tactical blindness would suggest.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Aaron Fucking Jones. Monty is a backup now.
    Monty is better suited as a back up, change of pace guy. As I've always said, he could never handle the pounding of a regular RB. Plus imo Jones is just better.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    For the record, I have always thought M3 was a fantastic coach despite the fact that he can be loyal to a fault to both people and plans. Not enough credence is given to his EQ. I think he is much better at strategy and management than his frustrating tactical blindness would suggest.
    He does one thing that drives me crazy, however (I'm not sure if it is him or Aaron or both). We have to be one of the few teams that burn TOs because we screw around getting plays in.

Blog Entries
    DB's were leaky today, but made just enough plays late to get the job done.

Dix has been a liability for the most part this year IMO.
    Hawkins is much improved.
    House, Randall and Rollins all had there share of bad to go with some good.
    Without King, the CB group remains a liability overall IMO. King still has a lot to learn, but that group needs him at the top of that rotation badly.
    House wasn't particularly interested in tackling guys today. Grabbing at guys instead of hitting and wrapping. With his size that's ridiculous. King is 2" taller and 20 lbs. lighter, and a far better tackler.
    At the same time he did have good coverage and play on the ball to break up the iso-fade to Bryant in the end zone late in the game.

Prescott was 25/36/251 with 3 TD's and a pick that wasn't on him. He's good but not that good.

studs: everyone...even Randall
    duds: no one. can't throw the D under the bus. king left early and they were on the field A LOT.

Martinez. Do we have a real stud at ILB?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Martinez. Do we have a real stud at ILB?
    He has played well. Both he and Ryan shined (think Ryan had one missed tackle) versus a team that lets the Packers play their base 3-4 wth both big guys in there.

Matthews isn't a great ILB, but he might be able to cover inside in a zone. He popped one loose on Witten and nearly had another on Randall's Pick Six.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

House has beens steady but it been in the vicinity defense. He hasn't stopped much. Need King to return.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Studs other than the obvious or already named:

Daniels - 100% or not, he did the job; Clark was damn good too.

Our much maligned (especially by me) O Line - They were only studly in the context of low expectations, but even with the nice jump cuts, somebody was opening some holes for Jones.

Bryce - he did a nice job after Burnett went out as well as on special teams.

Duds:

Clinton-Dix - more bad than good today for sure

Jamal Williams - the guy can't do anything except run into the pile and fall down. Even with Montgomery out, he should be inactive or 3rd string behind Mays.

Ricky Jean-Francois - the guy is crap. Why in hell did we cut Price and Ringo and keep him?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

tex, you really need to start an Aaron Jones crowing thread. Everyone is waiting on it

[QUOTE=vince;943266]DB's were leaky today, but made just enough plays late to get the job done.

Dix has been a liability for the most part this year IMO.

Absolutely agree about Dix Vince. I thought he would take another step forward after making positive strides and having a good year last year. So far this year he has not played well at all.

My surprise pick for actual impact/contributions is RB Aaron Jones. I'm still beating the Perine dead horse and wish we would have taken him but I just have a feeling that this kid is going to surprise us. I especially like his pass catching abilities to go along with the wiggle that he brings to the position.

The above quote is what I posted in the, "Who's Your Favorite? Draft 2017" thread on 05-03-17 right after the draft. Brandon and some other people were high on A.J. in that thread as well. I hope my initial , "feeling" continues to be right but I like what I've seen from this kid so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    My surprise pick for actual impact/contributions is RB Aaron Jones. I'm still beating the Perine dead horse and wish we would have taken him but I just have a feeling that this kid is going to surprise us. I especially like his pass catching abilities to go along with the wiggle that he brings to the position.

The above quote is what I posted in the, "Who's Your Favorite? Draft 2017" thread on 05-03-17 right after the draft. Brandon and some other people were high on A.J. in that thread as well. I hope my initial , "feeling" continues to be right but I like what I've seen from this kid so far.
    He was terrific today. He can give errr too. He loves to play and contributes a lot.

I have recorded this game and will key on his every move.

I liked Samaje Perine as well. Here is how he's doing so far as a Washington Redskin:

http://www.nfl.com/player/samajeperine/2558138/profile
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I won't repeat what many already wrote, so I'm throwing Vogel out there. Dude had a massive punt, and then it was the next or 2 plays later we had the pick 6 on the change of field position. Huge hang time, returner backed up 20 yards from where he started to catch, and then Janis with a great open field tackle as well.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Yeah what the heck is going on with Haha? Dude has been unbelievable all-around the past two years. He looks off this year. What was with the blown coverage and really slow recovery today? Seems like his legs must have been stuck/crossed or something 'cause he was moving in slow motion there.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    tex, you really need to start an Aaron Jones crowing thread. Everyone is waiting on it
    Tex, it's like this: A month or two ago, you were saying Hundley is the next Dak Prescott. I thought that was pretty stupid, so I said "ya, and Aaron Jones is the next Ezekiel Emanuel" to which you said "Damn Right!" I was saying in the game thread that you would surely be bragging about being right after this game. But no, apparently you are mellowing with senility, and you forgot all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    studs: everyone...even Randall
    duds: no one. can't throw the D under the bus. king left early and they were on the field A LOT.
    I thought Dallas' offense started to move better after Burnett got hurt. I hope he'll be okay.

Blog Entries