Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
I'm sort of a believer that great RB's are born not manufactured. Jones has the instinct for seeing the hole, for hesitating at the right time, for turning on the jets at the right moment, for following his blockers, etc. etc. It all seems 2nd nature to him. Now maybe RB experience has ingrained these things into Jones. Maybe Monty will improve at them with a ton more carries. I don't know. But I think Jones is the real deal. As for the Badger RB, Johathan Taybor, he reminds me of Emmitt Smith.
I agree completely about RBs in general and Jones in particular - the jump cuts stand out to me, because holes are rare with the Packer O Line, and if it doesn't open where you are, you have to go to where it's open - a concept alien to Williams and to a lesser extent, even Montgomery. I really want to see more of Mays too.

I had that same thought about Jonathan Taylor being similar to Emmitt Smith - who is similar to Ezekial Elliott. Elliott is faster, and I think Taylor is also. As fast as the hurdles champ of the state of Ohio? I don't know - but maybe.