Thread: 4th Down Ezekiel Elliot Reach Overturn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i don't think they should be able to use that overhead shot as the angle of the camera may not be exactly overhead and would/could affect the decision. if it were slightly behind the ball it would make it look over the line, and if it were slightly ahead of the ball it would make it look short of the line. MM needs to protest that call on that basis so it can't be used again. it's not a fixed camera location so it should be void for this purpose...other things would be ok though, but not forward progress.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i don't think they should be able to use that overhead shot as the angle of the camera may not be exactly overhead and would/could affect the decision. if it were slightly behind the ball it would make it look over the line, and if it were slightly ahead of the ball it would make it look short of the line. MM needs to protest that call on that basis so it can't be use again. it's not a fixed camera location so it should be void for this purpose...other things would be ok though, but not forward progress.
    Since when did sky cam become a valid decider for a call like this? It is not like a goal line cam, positioned perfectly. It is more likely to deceive than to add useful information.

You go with call on field, right or wrong, when there is no clear replay angle.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i don't think they should be able to use that overhead shot as the angle of the camera may not be exactly overhead and would/could affect the decision. if it were slightly behind the ball it would make it look over the line, and if it were slightly ahead of the ball it would make it look short of the line. MM needs to protest that call on that basis so it can't be used again. it's not a fixed camera location so it should be void for this purpose...other things would be ok though, but not forward progress.
    Every replay at the game has that problem. Only the pylon cam is positioned to avoid this.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.