Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
I'd say he's a #2 who produces like a #1 because he's such a great fit with Rodgers. He can't run past many people but he can make them bite on his jukes then get get past 'em.

He also has a somewhat surprisingly low catch rate, particularly for a guy who doesn't really go deep that often. You'd prefer your #1 to be much more successful I think. His 57% catch rate is worse than every receiver ranked higher than him on the FO list except Brandin Cooks (54%) who gets thrown to way farther downfield on average. Jordy has a 71% catch rate and Cobb 73% by comparison.

Obviously he's an athletic playmaker though if not as consistent as you'd like or a burner that can just flat out beat guys deep like some prototypical 1's such as A.J. Green
This is basically how I feel and you did a great job doing the research and backing it up with numbers. I'm just uneasy with him as a #1. I don't think you can pay your receiving corps 30M per year, so I think one of Cobb, Nelson or Adams goes. My gut feeling is this is Nelson's last year with the Packers.