Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Vikings Week I Thread

Official Vikings Week I Thread

Packers lead all-time series 60-51-2. (59-50-2 in regular season, 1-1 in playoffs)

Last Meeting: December 24, 2016: Packers won 38-25 at Lambeau.

Last meeting in Minnesota: December 18, 2016: Vikings won 17-14 in first game ever played at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Zimmer vs. McCarthy - Packers lead series 4-2.

Packers under McCarthy lead series 15-8.

No betting line yet on the game.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Vikes move the ball (#7 avg. yds.) particularly throwing it (#7 passing yds.) but haven't been as good getting in the endzone (#21).

Diggs and Thielen are Football Outsiders #1 and 10 ranked receivers. It'll be interesting to see if/how the loss of Cook affects them.

They gashed GB last year in Minny. Without digging too deep, that looks like a key to this ballgame this year too.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    It's essential that we keep the momentum from Dallas going. That's all.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Kyle Murphy @KyleMurphy68
    Surgery went very smooth today. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers!

Surgery on his foot.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Zach Kruse‏ @zachkruse2 6h6 hours ago
    Aaron Rodgers has as many third-down scrambles for first downs (35) as Cam Newton since 2013, per @ESPNStatsInfo. That's, well, amazing.

66 games for Cam
    62 games for Aaron
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This should be a decent game.

Scouting the Opposition.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    Good lord. In the past 24 games (including playoffs), Davante Adams (@tae15adams) has caught 114 passes for 1,499 yards and 18 touchdowns.

A lot of #Packers fans had doubts about Adams. His numbers will continue to go up. Why? Said Mike McCarthy: "He's the real deal."

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    Good lord. In the past 24 games (including playoffs), Davante Adams (@tae15adams) has caught 114 passes for 1,499 yards and 18 touchdowns.

A lot of #Packers fans had doubts about Adams. His numbers will continue to go up. Why? Said Mike McCarthy: "He's the real deal."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qPOoPTwuzE

Top 10 Most Accurate Throws of Aaron Rodgers' Career

I was just tonight looking at YouTube video and in fact Davante Adams has indeed been on the receiving end of some of Aaron Rodgers most amazing throws for TD's. ie see NO. 3 at 2:30 of this Video. That was an amazing catch.

There's more and NO. 1 at 4:54 mark. Aaron Rodgers amazing athleticism and arm strength and accuracy make this reception almost look 'Willie Mays' easy.

Green Bay has had some terrific WR's in my time watching them play. Aaron Rodgers has enjoyed several of those.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde

I'd say he's a #2 who produces like a #1 because he's such a great fit with Rodgers. He can't run past many people but he can make them bite on his jukes then get get past 'em.

He also has a somewhat surprisingly low catch rate, particularly for a guy who doesn't really go deep that often. You'd prefer your #1 to be much more successful I think. His 57% catch rate is worse than every receiver ranked higher than him on the FO list except Brandin Cooks (54%) who gets thrown to way farther downfield on average. Jordy has a 71% catch rate and Cobb 73% by comparison.

Obviously he's an athletic playmaker though if not as consistent as you'd like or a burner that can just flat out beat guys deep like some prototypical 1's such as A.J. Green

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'd say he's a #2 who produces like a #1 because he's such a great fit with Rodgers. He can't run past many people but he can make them bite on his jukes then get get past 'em.

He also has a somewhat surprisingly low catch rate, particularly for a guy who doesn't really go deep that often. You'd prefer your #1 to be much more successful I think. His 57% catch rate is worse than every receiver ranked higher than him except Brandin Cooks (54%) who gets thrown to way farther downfield on average. Jordy has a 71% catch rate and Cobb 73% by comparison.

Obviously he's an athletic playmaker though if not consistent or a burner.
    The Man with 'the Stat's'.

He also has a somewhat surprisingly low catch rate, particularly for a guy who doesn't really go deep that often. You'd prefer your #1 to be much more successful I think. His 57% catch rate is worse than every receiver ranked higher than him on the FO list except Brandin Cooks (54%) who gets thrown to way farther downfield on average. Jordy has a 71% catch rate and Cobb 73% by comparison.

Obviously he's an athletic playmaker though if not as consistent as you'd like or a burner that can just flat out beat guys deep like some prototypical 1's such as A.J. Green
    He feels like a Reggie Wayne guy. Still growing into the NFL and has a good skill group around him. Hopefully he keeps getting better and better.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qPOoPTwuzE

Top 10 Most Accurate Throws of Aaron Rodgers' Career

I was just tonight looking at YouTube video and in fact Davante Adams has indeed been on the receiving end of some of Aaron Rodgers most amazing throws for TD's. ie see NO. 3 at 2:30 of this Video. That was an amazing catch.

There's more and NO. 1 at 4:54 mark. Aaron Rodgers amazing athleticism and arm strength and accuracy make this reception almost look 'Willie Mays' easy.

Green Bay has had some terrific WR's in my time watching them play. Aaron Rodgers has enjoyed several of those.
    I'm confused. Are you saying it's Rodger's accuracy or the great receivers that are more critical in these receptions?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This is basically how I feel and you did a great job doing the research and backing it up with numbers. I'm just uneasy with him as a #1. I don't think you can pay your receiving corps 30M per year, so I think one of Cobb, Nelson or Adams goes. My gut feeling is this is Nelson's last year with the Packers.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Case Keenum owns the QB spot with MN now. He's surprisingly accurate and plays rather well. He's going to give the Packers fits if they cannot rush him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Seems like Minnesota has a boatload of talent at spots other than QB. Just my perception.

Packers worked out Mike Daniels' brother, Sean, a defensive end from Temple who has played in Arena League. Other workouts today: G Cameron Hunt (Oregon), S Charlie Miller (Dartmouth), WR Tevaun Smith (Iowa), S Ahmad Thomas (Oklahoma).
    Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Is TAYBOR™ safe or can G Cameron Hunt (Oregon) long snap? Ot does every personnel dept know the pecking order of long snappers without having to spend money on a plane ticket.

Packers open as 3.5 point favorites according to Vegas. I'm a little surprised it's not a bigger spread after Minny's weak showing against the Bears.

Rivalry game at home probably gives the Yikes a 2-3 pt boost.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    This is basically how I feel and you did a great job doing the research and backing it up with numbers. I'm just uneasy with him as a #1. I don't think you can pay your receiving corps 30M per year, so I think one of Cobb, Nelson or Adams goes. My gut feeling is this is Nelson's last year with the Packers.
    I think Cobb goes, his production is not worth 10 mil and do we have to resign Ha Ha this year as well? Gonna be an expensive offseason

Blog Entries
    Is Cobb dinged (again)? Didn't see a lot of him in crunch time last week.