Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Vikings Week I Thread

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Packers open as 3.5 point favorites according to Vegas. I'm a little surprised it's not a bigger spread after Minny's weak showing against the Bears.
    If the home team automatically gets 3 for being at home isn't this really 6.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If the home team automatically gets 3 for being at home isn't this really 6.5?
    On a neutral field, yes.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy on Nelson: We'll see how it goes with all the injured players.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy said "we'll find out when we get down to practice" to see what Jordy Nelson can do. Injury still unknown.

Green Bay PackerS @packers 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy on @AaronRodgers12: He's playing excellent. Dallas game was his best game this year. Lot of moving parts & he's managed that well.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
    #Packers CB Kevin King (concussion) will not practice today, per McCarthy.

BRING BLACK GUNTER!

Genaro C. Armas‏ @GArmasAP 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy: asked about Montgomery and Jones, says in part that he’s not sure yet about Ty’s availability Sunday. #Packers

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy references big plays in MIN passing game. I looked this up earlier on @PFF, Diggs has eight catches on passes of 20-plus yards.

Genaro C. Armas‏ @GArmasAP 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy: TE blocking about as [good as] it’s ever been since he’s been here. #Packers

Green Bay Packers @packers 51m51 minutes ago
    "They're extremely disciplined."
    McCarthy talks Vikings defense in his Wednesday press conference http://pckrs.com/cxpdf
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    I think Cobb goes, his production is not worth 10 mil and do we have to resign Ha Ha this year as well? Gonna be an expensive offseason
    I think Ha Ha is still under contract next year. It's Morgan Burnett who is a UFA.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    LT David Bakhtiari doing individual drills again. DNP: Ahmad Brooks, Morgan Burnett, Kevin King, Joe Thomas. Nelson, Montgomery working.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Wes Hodkiewicz‏ @WesHod 7m7 minutes ago
    Jordy Nelson (back) listed as a full participant: 'Nothing serious. Everything is good. Practicing all week and playing on Sunday.' #Packers

Baby got back. Or Bach.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'd say he's a #2 who produces like a #1 because he's such a great fit with Rodgers. He can't run past many people but he can make them bite on his jukes then get get past 'em.

He also has a somewhat surprisingly low catch rate, particularly for a guy who doesn't really go deep that often. You'd prefer your #1 to be much more successful I think. His 57% catch rate is worse than every receiver ranked higher than him on the FO list except Brandin Cooks (54%) who gets thrown to way farther downfield on average. Jordy has a 71% catch rate and Cobb 73% by comparison.

Obviously he's an athletic playmaker though if not as consistent as you'd like or a burner that can just flat out beat guys deep like some prototypical 1's such as A.J. Green
    i think his catch rate % is affected by Rodgers throwing him low percentage type passes. most of the long balls go to him, high passes, jump balls, etc. so he ends up with over-throws, defensed passes, and the occasional drop that everyone but cobb have. jordy and cobb get a lot of their catches during scramble plays.

kinda concerned about this game. with the min qb/rb situation being unstable, min coming off a monday game, and with the Packers coming off such an emotional win here in dal, there might be a bit of a let down. Packers leadership needs to makes sure that doesn't happen. i've got a feeling this is going to be knock-down drag-out because the Packers will take a while to get serious.

When is Bakh going to be back(h)? This is getting ridiculous
    Go PACK

Most of the country sees the game. Thom Brennaman and Troy Aikman with the call. Buck must be doing baseball.

I noticed in Michigan LP gets the Lions/Saints (Green) and UP gets the Packers. Is that always the case?

BASTARDS! Someone changed the listing for the Philly area. I checked Monday night and my guide said Packers/Vikings. NOW, it has the Redskins/49ers.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    BASTARDS! Someone changed the listing for the Philly area. I checked Monday night and my guide said Packers/Vikings. NOW, it has the Redskins/49ers.
    The game day thread won't be the same without your wit and charm.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I would sit Montgomery for another week.
    It will be interesting to see if Bakh or Burnett plays.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I would sit Montgomery for the next 14 games.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    kinda concerned about this game. with the min qb/rb situation being unstable, min coming off a monday game, and with the Packers coming off such an emotional win here in dal, there might be a bit of a let down. Packers leadership needs to makes sure that doesn't happen. i've got a feeling this is going to be knock-down drag-out because the Packers will take a while to get serious.
    I don't see a letdown. Packers lost there last year and I'm sure they haven't forgotten it. I do see a tough game though because they're facing a desperate opponent. If the Vikings lose, they'll be down 2 games to the Packers with a game yet to be played at Lambeau. Vikings have already lost at home to the Lions. They can hardly afford another home division loss. This is pretty much a must-win situation for them, and they'll play like it.

Last edited by gbgary; 10-12-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Packers CB Kevin King has made progress through the concussion protocol, coach Mike McCarthy said. But no word on whether he's advanced enough to do some work on the practice field.

McCarthy on Ty Montgomery: "The plan is to practice today and see how he progresses."

David Bakhtiari is feeling better and looked good and practiced well yesterday, coach Mike McCarthy said. Could he play Sunday at Minnesota for the first time since his Week 1 hamstring injury? "We'll see what he's able to do today," McCarthy said.

Listen, I honestly think they should rest Monty and his ribs. Those need to be healed up good for the stretch run. Even if he is RB #2 or third down guy, they will need him down the road.

And my advice is not because I just picked up Aaron Jones in FF.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    You gotta get somebody in eastern WI a Sling Box so you can stream the Packers games from his cable/satellite service via the internet. We get all the Packers games not shown nationally this way (plus Brewers, Bucks and Badgers).

http://www.slingbox.com/