Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brett Favre turns 48 today

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    In the NFC Championship Game Vs the Visiting NT Giants Favre wasn't unenthused rather the frigid conditions reduced him in SHOCK !

Any game Vs the Bears he wasn't unenthused he was likely and simply BORED kicking their collective asses so often.

Arn't words too cool.
    Don't be petulant, Woodbuck. You asked Max for examples and he gave you two good ones. Own it.

Favre always hated the cold weather. As he got older, I think he lost the mental toughness it takes to rise above it and perform at a high level. He was enthused about playing football until it got cold.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

I follow Brett Favre and his new life on Facebook and that man sure has a lot of fans who absolutely love him. He's simply one of those very special Pro Athletes that shines differently on the Big Stage of Pro Sports; and will be adored by fans for a very long time.
    No doubt there are a lot of ball washers out there. Look at how many BFFFs we had here who are now gone. I bet they all follow Favre and his 'New Life' on Facebook.

'New life' on Facebook. Man that sounds awful.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Don't be petulant, Woodbuck. You asked Max for examples and he gave you two good ones. Own it.
    Ohh Dear...now responding is deemed as petulance. Damn I'm glad I'm a Canadian....thus head held high not:

Since when is any disagreement deemed as petulance.This is by the way 'a Forum' and debate and counter debate is certainly to be expected.

Respectfully, Own that!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

What you are doing is not debating, it is stubbornly refusing to acknowledge the obvious, which you hope to make go away by assigning it a different term. Instead of lack of enthusiasm let's call it "shock" and "boredom." That is what my eight-year old does when he gets called out for something; his mentality is that if he can succeed in defining something in a different way then it didn't happen. And that is why I described your response as petulant.

hoosier:

Packer fan I can assure YOU of this as 'a fact of life' and me as a Packer fan and a Sports fan for over years:

No way anyone is going to convince me that Brett Favre wasn't in any football game.

That man absolutely was tops and being totally into his sport. Many believe he was the Greatest Iron Man of any sport not just tops for all playing position players in NFL history.

Brett Favre got into game ready mode when too many others would certainly and did sit that game out. At near the end of his career didn't you see the abuse the NO Saints put on him and how he just wouldn't lie down !? He wasn't called ' The Gunslinger ' for no other reason than his will to win a football game. To simply give all he had in him. No other Pro athlete will likely replicate Brett Favre and courage /determination.

I used the word shock that he was in 'shock' Vs the NY GIANTS in the 2007 NFC Championship game because I truly believe that frigid day placed him there. It was fricken cold and Favre was obviously looking frigid and shivering. MM made his team prepare for that Cold Weather game with all week being very cold how? The Packers practised indoors and when Favre hit that field on that frigid day for that important game he was very likely in shock.

Do I really have to explain to a Packer fan why Favre might have felt some boredom (be 'bored') and playing the Chicago Bears !? I mean really that word is again very appropriate and Brett Favre and Bears:

On December 5, 1993 Brett Favre passed for 402 passing yards in a 30-17 loss to the Bears at Soldier Field. Despite losing this game it might be described as a significant game (or a Coming Of Age Game) for Brett Favre at the start of a long and to become HOFER Career. Why !? That game Vs the Chicago Bears was his single game career high for passing yards in a Packers uniform. Brett Favre would go on to love playing the Bears.

From 1994-1998: The Packers beat the Bears 10 regular season games in a row over a five season span led by Brett Favre. During that streak. Brett Favre threw 25 touchdowns to go with 2,303 combined passing yards.

On Dec. 31, 2006: The 2006-07 Chicago Bears, the most successful team since the ’85 Superbowl team; went into that Week 17 primetime matchup looking to beat the Packers for the second time that season, and improve to 14-2. Instead they ran into a focused Packers team who ended up beating them 26-7.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-13-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I think your Favre is a one-dimensional hero and you are unwilling to consider anything that doesn't fit with your idealized memory of him.

I think you still may have issues and Brett Favre.

Is it...." Frankly hoosier I don't give a damn'."

I'll go with the TRUTH. I'll again stick to another known 'fact of life'.

Favre is and always will be a Football Legend to Tens of Thousands of Packer fans that truly appreciate all he was as a Green Bay Packer...just as I certainly have the common sense and decency and appreciation to do.

Why are we (The your just OK with us Brett Club) so like that?

I believe that's because we simply appreciate and respect all he gave to The Green Bay Packers and that by far overall was a certain positive with distinct evidence.

Brett Favre has had his Number Retired by The Green Bay Packers.

Brett Favre is a first Ballot NFL Hall Of Famer.

and and GREAT.

I think you still may have issues and Brett Favre.

Is it...." Frankly hoosier I don't give a damn'."

I'll go with the TRUTH. I'll again stick to another known 'fact of life'.

Favre is and always will be a Football Legend to Tens of Thousands of Packer fans that truly appreciate all he was as a Green Bay Packer...just as I certainly have the common sense and decency and appreciation to do.

Why are we (The your just OK with us Brett Club) so like that?

I believe that's because we simply appreciate and respect all he gave to The Green Bay Packers and that by far overall was a certain positive with distinct evidence.

Brett Favre has had his Number Retired by The Green Bay Packers.

Brett Favre is a first Ballot NFL Hall Of Famer.

and and GREAT.
    Boy I get your Brett Favre love, I'm right with you. Throughout his 16 years here there was no bigger Favre jock-sniffer than me.

But be careful Wood as a Canadian to reveal to Americans that you're even a smidgen mentally ill, holy fuck, you've already said too much.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 10-14-2017 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Boy I get your Brett Favre love, I'm right with you. Throughout his 16 years here there was no bigger Favre jock-sniffer than me.

But be careful Wood as a Canadian to reveal to Americans that you're even a smidgen mentally ill, holy fuck, you've already said too much.
    You rang?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

This is actually a pretty normal post for Woody. Wait till he gets going!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

" But be careful Wood as a Canadian to reveal to Americans that you're even a smidgen mentally ill, holy fuck, you've already said too much " Vincenzo

Do we have a 'For Your Health' Section on this Forum?

I have 'no idea' where your going with that; I don't even know if I want to. hahaha

There's some history of what I'd clearly describe as (I'll risk this term) Favre haters here Vs my position Brett Favre that complied with some others.

The Favre haters (as they existed or not) may have or not driven people out of Packerrats. We had posters here (like me) that liked Brett Favre. Posters that saw his rights as a human being desiring to play Pro NFL Football for whatever Team would value his services.

Why posters left here isn't anything I might discuss as I'm not any of them.

RE: Myself...I'm now recognizing that I must simply be 'too petulant' to ever bend to the strong will of any other member. It might be something else as I've never been a person that backs down.

Maybe it's just this. I'm a Canadian on an American member dominated Forum. Thus posters here shake their head RE: me.

I accept that as a Tit For Tat.

I can assure you that where I come from there is not enough 'salt and pepper' to ever imagine serving 'a certain American'. It's amazing how a Border separates a vast difference in societal and cultural manners and acceptable ideals.

None of that has anything from anybody here to do with grading of standards of 'mental illness' as far as I see it. That discussion needs to take place in another arena and certainly not Packerrats.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Thanks Ted!
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!