Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Packers Will Soon Have A Biegel PUPpy

  1. #1
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,606

    Packers Will Soon Have A Biegel PUPpy

    http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...rom-pup-looms/

    Players on the PUP list are eligible to start practicing after Week 6. Once Biegel returns to practice, the Packers will have 21 days to activate him to the 53-man roster.

    The waiting is almost over for the Packers’ fourth-round pick.

    “I’d love to be able to help out the team right now, I feel that confident,” Biegel said. “Gotta be patient. Obviously, after this week I can start practicing. I’m just ready to get back to football.”
    Chris Odom would seem to be the odd man out when Biegel returns.

  2. #2
    Lawson would look pretty good in a Packer uniform, but pedestrian puppies are how Ted likes his LB's
    wist

  3. #3

  4. #4
    CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maplewood Minnesota
    Posts
    6,568
    Cut Randall
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

  5. #5
    Barbershop Rat HOFer Pugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    N. Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    7,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Cut Randall
    Which Randall?

  6. #6
    Captain Rat HOFer Smidgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Bay
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Which Randall?
    Damarius Randall

    The one from last year. Not the one from the Cowboys game.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

  7. #7
    CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maplewood Minnesota
    Posts
    6,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Damarius Randall

    The one from last year. Not the one from the Cowboys game.
    No the one from this year that has had one play handed to him and didn't "know" he got a flag...he is a punk and a headcase and is not a good corner.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

  8. #8
    Senior Rat HOFer Bossman641's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    5,439
    With corners dropping like flies every week it would make no sense to cut Randall. He has ability.. needs to grow as a professional.
    Go PACK

  9. #9
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    With corners dropping like flies every week it would make no sense to cut Randall. He has ability.. needs to grow as a professional.
    Yep. Randall is up and down. Rollins is mostly down. With House and King in and out of the lineup, they need Randall to produce.

  10. #10
    Neo Rat HOFer Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Detroitish
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Lawson would look pretty good in a Packer uniform, but pedestrian puppies are how Ted likes his LB's
    Of course he does not want pedestrian linebackers. That's just been what he's gotten for his picks the last couple of times.

    Fackrell looks increasingly like a bust. Perry took time to develop, but you could see the potential - a strong, strong man. But Fackrell just gets swallowed up and seems to have developed no moves to go with his less-than-stout run stopping.

    Biegel comes in looking, to me, like a JAG.

    Jake Ryan? Meh.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

    KYPack

  11. #11
    Senior Rat HOFer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Biegel comes in looking, to me, like a JAG.
    When has any of us seen Biegel play to make this assessment? Not since he was lighting it up as a Badger. Just a weird observation in my book.
    Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it f***** you.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yep. Randall is up and down. Rollins is mostly down. With House and King in and out of the lineup, they need Randall to produce.
    When Rollins was drafted he was sold as a scary awesome athlete who just needed more experience at position.
    Now story is problem is that he is athletically limited.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    When has any of us seen Biegel play to make this assessment? Not since he was lighting it up as a Badger. Just a weird observation in my book.
    To my eyes, he was up and down as a Badger, though that could be injury. As posted many times, the football people who watched practice said he was the stud of the defense - at least before TJ's breakout year.

  14. #14
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    When Rollins was drafted he was sold as a scary awesome athlete who just needed more experience at position.
    Now story is problem is that he is athletically limited.
    His deep speed was never very good, but he was supposed to be great at start/stop/start. He sure looked good as a rookie. I wonder if he hasn't been the same player physically since his groin injury last year which required surgery.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    His deep speed was never very good, but he was supposed to be great at start/stop/start. He sure looked good as a rookie. I wonder if he hasn't been the same player physically since his groin injury last year which required surgery.
    Do the all-pro corners have track speed? How about REvis? I really don't know answer, but my impression is that corners just have to be fast enough.

  16. #16
    Diplomatic Immunity Rat HOFer mraynrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA, USA, USA
    Posts
    32,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Do the all-pro corners have track speed? How about REvis? I really don't know answer, but my impression is that corners just have to be fast enough.
    well, just exactly how fast is fast enough? Seriously though, if you mean they can't be Gunter slow, I get it. Some guys make up for less speed with plastering techniques - like R. Sherman and even Al Harris. I hate to see the Packer defensive backs give free releases all the time.
    I hate what you say about the Packers, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Lawson would look pretty good in a Packer uniform, but pedestrian puppies are how Ted likes his LB's
    There is no way this guy can rush the passer.


    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  18. #18
    Hell No, don't cut Randall - that would be stupid. If Odom is any good, keep him too. The cut should be one of those floundering O Linemen, probably Justin McCray, who played like crap. Even if the injury bug continues, they can be replaced by any old piece of crap off the street anyway.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

  19. #19
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Hell No, don't cut Randall - that would be stupid. If Odom is any good, keep him too. The cut should be one of those floundering O Linemen, probably Justin McCray, who played like crap. Even if the injury bug continues, they can be replaced by any old piece of crap off the street anyway.
    Right. I'm sure a guy off the street will have no trouble keeping up when Rodgers starts changing plays at the line of scrimmage.

  20. #20
    Anti Homer Rat HOFer Bretsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Atkinson, WI
    Posts
    25,655
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ha Ha Clinton Dix called Randall hands down the most talented DB on the team; but he's a mental zero

    Watt is, was, and always has been better than Biegel. But I'm cautiously optimistic he can give us some value as a pass rusher.

    We already have Fackrell; we don't need another unproductive LB
    TJ WATT WOULD HAVE LOOKED GREAT IN GREEN N GOLD !!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •