Thread: The Arizona Cardinals trade for RB Adrian Peterson and cut RB Chris Johnson

The Arizona Cardinals trade for RB Adrian Peterson and cut RB Chris Johnson

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...nal-draft-pick

Cardinals trade for Adrian Peterson, cut Chris Johnson

Josh Weinfuss ... ESPN Staff Writer

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals got the help they needed in their backfield, trading an undisclosed 2018 draft pick to the New Orleans Saints for running back Adrian Peterson on Tuesday.

To make room for Peterson on the roster, the Cardinals released running back Chris Johnson, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Comment woodbuck27:

This is a logical move for both Teams. It looked to me two weeks ago that AP would be moved.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals got the help they needed in their backfield
    maybe
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...drian-peterson

Cardinals acquired Adrian Peterson from the Saints in exchange for a conditional 2018 sixth-round pick.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Weren't there a few posters beating the drum for tt to sign peterson?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Weren't there a few posters beating the drum for tt to sign peterson?
    I don't know about AP, but I would have loved to see them get L.Blount. Not that it matters who they have that can effectively run the ball. As soon as monty is healthy, stubby will stick his worthless ass back in. At least it will only take a game or two for Monty to get hurt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I don't know about AP, but I would have loved to see them get L.Blount. Not that it matters who they have that can effectively run the ball. As soon as monty is healthy, stubby will stick his worthless ass back in. At least it will only take a game or two for Monty to get hurt again.
    Ty might be in the Process of losing the NO. 1 Status I loved what I saw from RB Aaron Jones Vs Dallas.

The Viking 'D' will test the Packers Running game this weekend and we'll have a better picture and that position.

I also hoped that TT would bring in L. Blount for a good look. He's decent this Season in Philly following a very productive Season last year in New England:

http://www.nfl.com/player/legarrette...497149/profile

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...drian-peterson

Cardinals acquired Adrian Peterson from the Saints in exchange for a conditional 2018 sixth-round pick.
    A conditional sixth round pick?

How the mighty have fallen.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    you realize the monty is soft mantra lost its effectiveness when he was leading the entire NFL in snaps by a RB around week 4 right?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    How did we get to 'Monty is worthless?' I mean, Seattle is 5th and Cincinnati 2nd in points allowed, and in the Cincy and ATL games the Packers had to play catch-up. Monty only had five touches versus Chicago, I think. Plus the O-line was pretty messed up. Dallas is 29th in points allowed and 20th against the run - plus Sean Lee was out for them. It's great to have Jones as a capable back, but I think you're dreaming if you think Monty is going to be exclusively a third down back going forward. He has some pretty broad skills and knows the offense back and forth. They probably trust him more in pass pro too.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

soft 'n tall
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Monty is definitely NOT worthless. Chris Johnson apparently is, however.