Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 5 other games thread

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

Week 5 other games thread

NE holds off Tampa for the win. Tampa had a shot at the end, but too many passes in the field of play and a false start penalty wasted too much clock. Still they had a shot at the end, even if it was a horrible pass.

Also, these color rush uni things are awful.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    NE is fortunate the Bucs stink offensively or they'd be 2-3 right now.
    I agree. It also doesn't help missing three FGs.

In some ways, I am stunned Crosby is still here. Normally a down year like that is too costly to live through.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    NE holds off Tampa for the win. Tampa had a shot at the end, but too many passes in the field of play and a false start penalty wasted too much clock. Still they had a shot at the end, even if it was a horrible pass.

I do like the all white we and NE wore this year but most of them are dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I agree. It also doesn't help missing three FGs.

In some ways, I am stunned Crosby is still here. Normally a down year like that is too costly to live through.
    Crosby had a good track record, and the year after was willing to put his money where his foot is. He agreed to change his contract so that most of the money was performance bonuses, and he could only make what the contract was originally signed for by kicking really well. He did and earned every bonus, which turned into a new, big contract and never looked back.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Crosby had a good track record, and the year after was willing to put his money where his foot is. He agreed to change his contract so that most of the money was performance bonuses, and he could only make what the contract was originally signed for by kicking really well. He did and earned every bonus, which turned into a new, big contract and never looked back.
    He did do those things, but he had to stay the kicker in 2012 to agree to an altered deal.

In a franchise that is winning a bit less, the coach would have thrown a fit to cut the kicker in order to secure his job.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bears and Packers are the only ones that work, imo.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

This week I will be mostly ignoring Pittsburgh versus Jacksonville while watching Detroit versus Carolina. CBS has a terrible slate of games today.

Blog Entries
    When the Packers aren't playing, NFL Red Zone - all the action and none of the commercials - is the bomb IMO.

http://goatdee.net/213476/watch-nfl-network
    if anyone's interested in streaming it.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I've said before it's like watching basic electric football.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Miles Garrett - first play, first sack.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    When the Packers aren't playing, NFL Red Zone - all the action and none of the commercials - is the bomb IMO.

http://goatdee.net/213476/watch-nfl-network
    if anyone's interested in streaming it.
    yup. And at halftime you can marvel at Andrew Siciliano's amazingly large ears

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    yup. And at halftime you can marvel at Andrew Siciliano's amazingly large ears
    no doubt. It's hard to focus on what he's saying they're so fking distracting.

There's few things I like more than a Philly home loss. Not looking good for that today.

nice throw and catch for the panthers vs det.

Blog Entries
    Jags might be for real this year. Weak division. #5 scoring offense. Fournette's looking studly.
    #6 scoring defense #1 passing defense and leading the league in sacks. They're getting after it.
    If Bortles can keep himself from losing games they'll be right there with Houston.
    At Pittsburgh today good test.

Bengals look like they might have some things figured out too. That defense is legit and Mixon's a future star if he's got the maturity. Don't know much about that.
    That comeback win won't have a lot of playoff tiebreaker implications, but it could look like a big win looking back later on.
    Good early matchup with Buffalo, who I want to be good but just looks inept on offense.

Dalton goes down. Not sure if he's out or not but either way they can work with McCarron I think.

Pluck by Hyde!

If you like turnovers, just watch Cleveland in the red zone.

Blog Entries
    Pluck by Hyde!
    Fire Ted Thompson!

Blog Entries
    If you like turnovers, just watch Cleveland in the red zone.
    Wow their futility is impressive. 4 scoring opportunities to lead in a game for the first time all year. 2 missed field goals, a horrible option-pitch fumble turnover at the 5 yard line and a terrible pass for a pick at the goal line.

Kizer looks hopelessly in over his head.

Gordon running like a man possessed! #superchargers