Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre turns 48 today

Brett Favre turns 48 today

Happy birthday Brett, you’re still my favorite Packer of all-time.

A young and even younger Bert sporting the old mullet:

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I read recently that Brett and Dianna are training for triathlons. That's pretty cool. The couple that trains together, remains together...

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    He doesn't look a day over 70.

Rode hard, put away wet - and laughing all the way to the bank.

Thanks for the memories Bert.

Happy birthday.

I bet this wasn't the only Favre pic on her phone...

Favre got old real fast, just like The Snake. (I mean Ken Stabler, you sicko. Wait a minnit, that was me! )

Some will disagree, some will hate me, but looking back, I think his finest game as a pro was the NFCC game against the Saints in 2009. Briefly, he was a warrior - An ancient QB defying time. There was a bounty on him and he was being pummeled. His ankle and thigh were trashed. Peterson was fumbling the game away, the defense was collapsing and Favre had to win it. And he had it all in his grasp - masterfully guiding the team late, until the inevitable Favre INT. Others have written more eloquently about that final INT, and how it so perfectly encapsulates the Favre career, but for me it just showed that he was always trying to win the game on the next play, that you're always just one play away from total victory and total greatness, that it's always worth the risk.

Comment woodbuck27:

I follow Brett Favre and his new life on Facebook and that man sure has a lot of fans who absolutely love him. He's simply one of those very special Pro Athletes that shines differently on the Big Stage of Pro Sports; and will be adored by fans for a very long time.

In my approaching 6 decades as a Green Bay Packer and NFL fan; I've never seen anyone play the game with any more fun and enthusiasm. I would love to see Jim Carrey do a Brett Favre impression.

So today Favre turns 48 years of age and he looks in incredible condition. That man is Rock Hard. That man is doing very well for himself away from the game. That man works as hard now as he ever did.

I expect 'that Man' will remain my 'only' NFL Hero.

HAPPY 48th BIRTHDAY to THAT MAN ..... Brett Favre
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I read recently that Brett and Dianna are training for triathlons. That's pretty cool. The couple that trains together, remains together...

I think I get your point.

Somebody definitely got the point!

I wish sharing the same birthday meant I had the same amount as money as Brett. He will always be one of my favorite players to watch. Rodgers is clearly the better QB, but Brett was just plain fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Favre got old real fast, just like The Snake. (I mean Ken Stabler, you sicko. Wait a minnit, that was me! )

Some will disagree, some will hate me, but looking back, I think his finest game as a pro was the NFCC game against the Saints in 2009. Briefly, he was a warrior - An ancient QB defying time. There was a bounty on him and he was being pummeled. His ankle and thigh were trashed. Peterson was fumbling the game away, the defense was collapsing and Favre had to win it. And he had it all in his grasp - masterfully guiding the team late, until the inevitable Favre INT. Others have written more eloquently about that final INT, and how it so perfectly encapsulates the Favre career, but for me it just showed that he was always trying to win the game on the next play, that you're always just one play away from total victory and total greatness, that it's always worth the risk.
    The effort was almost always extraordinary, which you cannot say about many over that long a period. The only unfortunate part was the few times he didn't want to be out there were just the more glaring.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The effort was almost always extraordinary, which you cannot say about many over that long a period. The only unfortunate part was the few times he didn't want to be out there were just the more glaring.
    Could you please enlighten me and give clarity to your statement that:

" ... The only unfortunate part was the few times he didn't want to be out there were just the more glaring." pbmax

Please offer to me five examples of in game situations in the NFL when it was 'glaringly'or otherwise chose a word with obvious that Brett Favre didn't want to be out there. I just offered to you a real challenge.

Aside from his indecisiveness and whether or not to commit to playing another Season Vs Retirement I do not know of any HOFer player in the NFL that ever had more heart for the game of football and playing as hard to win as Brett Favre clearly did.

Favre had little of what any man might deem as 'QUIT' in him. Favre was 'the Ultimate Warrior'.

Favre is arguably 'the Ultimate Ironman' in all of Pro Sports.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

NFC Championship Game, 2nd half in 2007 versus the Giants. Cold.

@ Chicago Bears regular season. Cold, windy, rainy.

Neither game did he seem enthused about being on the field.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Funny that a guy who would insist on going out onto the field with concussions or broken bones was reticent to go out there in the bitter cold.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shrinkage is never funny.

I don't suppose there were too many players that were ecstatic to be playing in those conditions. That is except Plax in the Giants game. That was probably because NO ONE on the Packers D could cover him while he hobbled around on one leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Funny that a guy who would insist on going out onto the field with concussions or broken bones was reticent to go out there in the bitter cold.
    Its a sure sign of aging.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Shrinkage is never funny.
    especially...

I WAS IN THE POOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

In the NFC Championship Game Vs the Visiting NT Giants Favre wasn't unenthused rather the frigid conditions reduced him in SHOCK !

Any game Vs the Bears he wasn't unenthused he was likely and simply BORED kicking their collective asses so often.

Arn't words too cool.